Recommend me some kid carrier packs please

Hey guys, I’m looking for a good comfortable kid carrier pack. My girlfriend has an opsrey and it kills my shoulder blades rite out the gate. I use a stone glacier pack for hunts and love them but I need something to pack her 2 year old around on little day rips and at the archery range. Thanks guys

WoodBow

WKR
I took and old kelty kid carrier and stripped the shoulder straps and belt off of it before attaching it to my kifaru frame. I carried my kid all over the place in that thing.

WCB

WKR
Hey guys, I’m looking for a good comfortable kid carrier pack. My girlfriend has an opsrey and it kills my shoulder blades rite out the gate. I use a stone glacier pack for hunts and love them but I need something to pack her 2 year old around on little day rips and at the archery range. Thanks guys
We have 1 of the Deuter packs. We have used it fly fishing, upland hunting, trapping and just general messing around with our daughter. Very comfortable for us and the kid. Wife carried our daughter two full days straight (8ish hours per day) of sharp-tail hunting early season last with zero comfort issues. Other than that most are an hour or so at a time all times of the year and no issues.

We have our hunting packs also and see on a second post on here you mention something that can convert. Probably could and I thought about it also but its nice just having a dedicated pack as we use it all year round I you don't have to unpack or repack anything. The kid pack we have we leave extra hats or gloves, snacks etc in and it is just the dedicated pack for the kid.

I ran one from the Kelty through two kids and used it all over the place until they were both pretty good size as it made getting bad to some fun meadows less tiring. I can’t remember the model but remember a 2.0 or 3.0 in the title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kbone

FNG
I run a Kelty and its comfortable. I take my daughter fishing in it and she can spend most of the day in there and we are both pretty comfortable.

BLJ

WKR
Had a Kelty for 3 kids. Pretty comfortable up to about 30-35. Form that point on they could walk. 😁
I was able to fish and draw a bow with mine without issue. Just took a little practice.

The Deuter baby carrier is a good pack and has an adjustable yoke so you can get a good fit. I had an REI baby carrier years ago that I had compared against a Kelty and preferred the REI pack. Today's Osprey and Deuter packs would be better than either IMO.

Trr15

WKR
I’ve had 2 kelty kid carriers (3rd kid came as a surprise after I sold the first one). Got the Cadillac version the second time around. Youngest outgrew it and I’d be willing to sell at a good price. Still Ike new. Feel free to reach out if you’re interested.

bluumoon

WKR
REI carrier strapped to my Seek Outside pack was the only way I could make the kid carriers comfortable for me. Used the load shelf, and strapped frame to frame.

shax2lex

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry the Osprey didn't work out. I remember my Osprey doesn't have a back length adjustment. Regardless, I'd say check the fit.

I do have an EXO K3 frame and this past weekend I went for a walk with my daughter in her Osprey. I had a 50lb bag of concrete in the crib panel and then I strapped my Osprey to the K3 frame over the concrete. Fit like a champ and the K3 frame was bossing it. I'd say look at the K3 frame. If you need inspiration, Check out the Huntbackcountry page on Instagram. Some dude strapped his kid to his EXO K3 frame, oh and there was an elk quarter strapped to the frame under the kid.

EXO K3 frame is my choice to strap a kid's pack.

OP
J
Ha I seen that, pretty cool. I use stone glacier so I’ll try to use the SG frame

Ha I seen that, pretty cool. I use stone glacier so I’ll try to use the SG frame

I have a Deuter Kid Comfort 1 and strapped it to my x-curve. I will get you some pics, but it was pretty easy.

I added 2 split-bar ladder locs to my carrier for the 2 top straps of the frame, and then sewed up a strap with a female side lock buckle on each side to connect the side frame straps together. Either that, or you have to swap out one of the male buckles on the frame with a female.

Here ya go @Jfarrell13

First step is to take the shoulder straps off your carrier. My waist belt doesnt come off (very easily anyway), so I just folded it underneath and buckled it out of the way.

suPqdFQ.jpg

My carrier had 3/4" ladder locks so I cut a set of them off and swapped them to a 1"

Dtimj1w.jpg

YgnP7Sd.jpg

Then these straps on the frame connect directly to carrier.. same way a pack connects.

tEZRg1c.jpg

I then made this to connect the side frame straps together (since they are both male buckles), but have since just switched one of the buckles to a female (shown in the second pic) for when I'm not using a pack. on the frame.

3okN4Hm.jpg

E1KML7m.jpg

I don't have any pics of the carrier on the frame (shed season doesn't start for a couple weeks), but I just wrap 2 of those side straps around and cinch them up tight. I don't use the load shelf or anything.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Warlord