Recommend/sell me a lightweight 3 man shelter/tipi!

reaper

WKR
LOD stove is one of the best stove if you combine with a collar set/spark arrestor.New door is huge.
a8734ec423d4b14f257a8e0522e69047.jpg
166a907dc14d10ea2bf90d891b4073d2.jpg

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

reaper

WKR
Not every imported gear are garbage and not everyone want to spend 1000$ on a tent.Ordered a kifaru beanie last year from Kifaru store and i was surprised to see the beanie have a MADE IN CHINA label inside...it still warm ayways.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

20DYNAMITE07

Lil-Rokslider
I looked at Luxe before buying my SO 4-man Tipi. The price was really tempting to me too.

Their 30d fabric isn’t ripstop which means if you do get a tear, it will continue to rip until you patch it.

If you’re truly going to use it on a backpack hunt where you NEED a shelter - I wouldn’t trust it. That’s just my opinion though. Good luck!

Edit: I remember watching this review and thinking - if I ripped it like he did on an actual hunt - I’d be screwed!

Fast forward to 4:50 in the video for the tear:

Video Review - Luxe Megahorn

I'm fairly certain that review is not accurate. The shelter is listed on Luxe's web site as being made from rip-stop material, and I find it hard to believe ANY manufacturer would make a shelter from something that wasn't rip-stop. Though it does obviously rip pretty easily in that video... but then again, rip-stop doesn't mean rip proof. Who knows?

I'm fairly certain that review is not accurate. The shelter is listed on Luxe's web site as being made from rip-stop material, and I find it hard to believe ANY manufacturer would make a shelter from something that wasn't rip-stop. Though it does obviously rip pretty easily in that video... but then again, rip-stop doesn't mean rip proof. Who knows?

I just looked and it doesn’t say rip-stop.

From the Luxe website for the Megahorn:

Fabric and Further Details

• Mountain Tested: Heavy rain, wind and snow
  • Green and Brown Outer Tent: 68D Polyester Taffeta PU with taped seams - 185T - 1500mm - Fire Retardant

Bryanboss429

Lil-Rokslider
You may want to check into Tigoat also. After mulling it over and for what I want and need the tent to do, their Vertex 5 is going to work really well for me I think. This will be what I take for solo hunting and scouting.They have larger ones too. Size, price, and made in the USA. The CS is really good for this company also. Just need to order one now.

I have a Luxe Megahorn. It weighs right at 10 pounds. a little heavy for packing. If going in with the horses, I wouldn't hesitate to take it though. I had no issues with the fabric this past year. Again, 10 pounds and a little bulky though. Works great for 2 persons and a stove. I may look at upgrading to a Vertex 6.75 in the digital camo later. Its about the same size, and weighs about half as much, and packs up smaller. Or upgrade to a Cimarron. Either one for me and my buddy. Anyway, good luck in making your decision. I hope this all helps.

20DYNAMITE07

Lil-Rokslider
I just looked and it doesn’t say rip-stop.

From the Luxe website for the Megahorn:

Fabric and Further Details

• Mountain Tested: Heavy rain, wind and snow
  • Green and Brown Outer Tent: 68D Polyester Taffeta PU with taped seams - 185T - 1500mm - Fire Retardant

I could have sworn that I had read that... my bad!