Recommend Sept Elk huntin boot

I am in the same boat. This past year I hunted in some Under Armour Bozeman 2.0's that were pretty good overall, but I have pretty narrow feet and I just couldn't keep them tight which led to hotspots and would be blisters if it werent for Leukotape, especially when sidehilling. So I am looking for a new boot for this upcoming elk season (I also hunt September). So far i've been looking pretty hard at the Crispi Wyoming, but lots of good info in this thread so far.

Phaseolus

WKR
I am in the same boat. This past year I hunted in some Under Armour Bozeman 2.0's that were pretty good overall, but I have pretty narrow feet and I just couldn't keep them tight which led to hotspots and would be blisters if it werent for Leukotape, especially when sidehilling. So I am looking for a new boot for this upcoming elk season (I also hunt September). So far i've been looking pretty hard at the Crispi Wyoming, but lots of good info in this thread so far.
Lowa makes a few boots which are good for narrow feet like the Camino, and two that you can order in narrow like the medium weight Tibet and the lightweight Renegade. I use all three and my feet love them. Not all feet are the same so you’ll have to look around. https://www.lowaboots.com/mens/narrow-wide-widths

WIarrow

FNG
I’ve tried a few different boot types. At the moment I’m using Lowa Tibet and like them a lot. They are best for rugged country... not great for flat ground. The feel like you are wearing ski boots ... very stiff sole. I’ve used Danner Pronghorn ... extremely comfortable, but don’t hold up for my kind of hunts. Lucky to get 2 years out of them.

I used Lowa Renegade for my first season. They are narrow and supportive with no slop. They are a good value and I liked them. I will wear them until they wear out.

drxron

FNG
I personally have a wider foot, have a few pairs of Danners for just about every situation and I love them.

Elk97

WKR
I tried a pair of Lowa Renegades last September and I like them a lot. Good traction, very light weight, comfortable right out of the box and seem well made. They are kind of waterproof, unless you are walking through tall wet grass (even wearing gore tex gaiters). I got them on sale, not sure I would pay the full $230+ - for them.

Jimss

WKR
All leather boots will out last synthetic boots...hands down! Every synthetic boot I have ever bought starts coming apart at the seams after hard use and getting wet. I bought a pair of Kennetreks a few years back and returned them after taking them in the field 1 season. I felt like I was on stilts and super unstable on steep, rocky terrain.

I tend to abuse boots every day at work so have started converting to all leather. They may not breath quite as well as synthetics but they certainly outlast them. My choice for all leather would be Crispi Laponas, Valdres Idahos, or Nevadas. In that order for breathability and weight....lightest to heaviest. I got a great deal on Idahos but haven't put many miles on them yet. I tried on Nevadas and boy are they ever comfortable! Valdres were super nice but a little narrower. I have a feeling I will really like my Idahos if the double seam toe holds up.

I really like Lowas. Renegades were great but the over-lapping leather Renegade version didn't last a year of tough use. Tibets are a fanastic boot but stiff and heavy. They are my go-to boot in snow. I've been using and abusing Caminos and they are a great boot....as well as Lowa Vantage. If I were picking Lowas early season I'd go with Caminos or Vantage.

My word of advice....pick a boot with the fewest amount of seams and they will last a lot more abuse!

jbrownlow

FNG
following. currently have the danner pronghorns, but i feel like the toe box is just too big. a friend has the crispi thors and they seem like a much sleeker boot. leaning towards crispi colorados or summits...but are they worth the price tag?

Kvan-mt

FNG
I have really enjoyed the Kenetrek hardscrabble hikers. The 7" upper gives plenty of support and the sole can handle heavy loads. I use to a pair of Salomon GTX quest's but had to change because my feet would hurt if I was carrying over 30 pounds for long periods of time. The Salomon's still get plenty of use but only when I know weight won't be an issue.

I have been in a pair of Schnees Beartooth II (uninsulated) boots for the last 2 seasons. The first year they were outstanding. The second year they kinda fell apart on me. I expected to get more than just a season and a half out of them. I'll probably replace them with something different this year.

OctoberGold

Lil-Rokslider
Lowa Camino GTX fit my narrow low volume feet the best for a stiffer boot. However, I still wind up with some pretty gnarly blisters on my heels after a heavy hike in. I am looking into a trail running low or mid cut this year to try to alleviate the blisters.

Nerhunter

FNG
Narrow feet and hi arches here. Asolo fugitive GTx, on my 2nd pair, great mid weight and waterproof well made, REI carries them go try em on!