Recommendation for a realtor in Bozeman MT

work765

WKR
Figured I could just do a google search or browse online, But maybe someone on here personally knows a standup realtor in Bozeman that i can talk with about property.

Thanks,

BluMtn

WKR
Good luck. Housing is getting stupid around there. My Daughter and SIL just moved from Three Forks and real estate is being gobbled up. Acreage, you are going to have to go toward Townsend or east toward big timber if you want that. Bozeman valley is going to be expensive for acreage.

OP
W

work765

WKR
Good luck. Housing is getting stupid around there. My Daughter and SIL just moved from Three Forks and real estate is being gobbled up. Acreage, you are going to have to go toward Townsend or east toward big timber if you want that. Bozeman valley is going to be expensive for acreage.

I know it is. I'm planning on being on the out skirts of the town no matter where I end up. Don't think I can afford much else.

I picked up one of the real estate advertisement books at a restaurant while we were in Bozeman this past summer. Could not the prices some the properties were going for. Flush west coasters moving East?

Gar

FNG
I picked up one of the real estate advertisement books at a restaurant while we were in Bozeman this past summer. Could not the prices some the properties were going for. Flush west coasters moving East?

The wife and I were there May/June and thought the same. The locals referred to Bozman as “BozAngeles.”

Im looking to move to either Nevada, Idaho, Montana, or Wyoming when I retire. My first choice is Wyoming, a good ways east of Jackson.

ODB

WKR
The wife and I were there May/June and thought the same. The locals referred to Bozman as “BozAngeles.”

Im looking to move to either Nevada, Idaho, Montana, or Wyoming when I retire. My first choice is Wyoming, a good ways east of Jackson.

even Idaho is ridiculous. I just don’t see how the local economy supports the houses there now. It’s unreal. theres no damn way people are NOTin debt up to their ass and underwater so deep they should rename The place Atlantis. There’s just no that much money to justify the prices. 2004 all over again.

Hnttillmt

FNG
Nobody knows your financial situation other you, but if you think your going to find something "reasonable" within practically 100 miles of Bozeman you must have deeper pockets than the majority of the rest of us. Maybe Butte, Whitehall. I've been here about 12 years and finally bought a house this summer in Livingston. It was painful, I hate subdivisions and swore I would never waste the money on one but here i am. Just a stepping stone to my few acres on the edge of town dream also but it will still be a long ways away from Bozeman.

I'd love to move to that area someday myself. And yeah, stay away way way away from Jackson. We spent a couple nights there also and that was enough.

ewade07

WKR
If your pockets are deep and you are already coming from somewhere where life is hectic then Bozeman is the place for you. If you are looking for cheaper land (does that exist?) and more solitude I would not move anywhere close to that hell hole. I was just there last weekend and remembered why I will never move back. I lived there for close to a decade and watched it change. Its sad really. I get why people want to live there, hence why i moved and went to school there. I don't think someone could pay me enough to live there now. I could go on an even longer rant but i will stop before i get carried away. Previous posts are correct, you will have to go some ways out to find remotely affordable land (not sure what you do for a living, just basing this off an average Joe Blow salary). There are many other options around the state. The Lewistown area is nice as well as Dillon. I live in Billings and its not bad here at all. Its close enough to everything i want to do and cheaper than Bozeman in just about every aspect.

3forks

WKR
I lived in Gallatin County for 20 years before recently moving back to Colorado.

I was lucky to have a job in an industry that paid salaries based on the pay scale for my job in regional areas like Denver, SLC, and Seattle.

In general, the cost of living in an around Bozeman is on par with that of other cities in the country where it is much more expensive. However, the salaries most jobs pay in Bozeman are low to marginal, at best.

I’ve got no idea how most people who live in Bozeman are making ends meet.

ewade07

WKR
I lived in Gallatin County for 20 years before recently moving back to Colorado.

I was lucky to have a job in an industry that paid salaries based on the pay scale for my job in regional areas like Denver, SLC, and Seattle.

In general, the cost of living in an around Bozeman is on par with that of other cities in the country where it is much more expensive. However, the salaries most jobs pay in Bozeman are low to marginal, at best.

I’ve got no idea how most people who live in Bozeman are making ends meet.
It blows my mind how people live there. I make almost DOUBLE at my current job compared to what i made in Bozeman doing the exact same work. People work 3 jobs and live with 4 roommates, thats how people live there. Shitty pay and outrageous housing. Not to mention the town is overrun with spoiled college kids and yuppy out-of-staters. Its the Boulder, CO of Montana.

The real estate prices in Bozeman kind of reminded me of those in Hawaii to be honest. Eye popping. I don't see how the locals survive at those prices. Jackson, WY is even worse. In Jackson, I got sticker shock there in a BBQ restaurant of all places but there is one on every corner where I'm from.

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I’ll spare you all my normal rant about why I happily left the area 9 years ago (see rants above) and my opinion of realtors based on 11 years of land surveying in that region from Big Timber to Big Sky to Bozeman and beyond. Suffice it to say I’m suspicious of realtors.

You could try Tony Novotny. He’s a realtor and licensed surveyor specializing in rural properties. I’ve only met him a couple times at professional gatherings so don’t know about his realtor skills, but at least he should be able to (and is actually licensed to) tell you where your boundaries are.

I could tell a few stories about what happens when realtors (and contractors) tell folks about their boundaries. That’s illegal, and things get expensive fast when they’re wrong.

you could always try Belgrade. for all the folks saying it is expensive and not the place it was, they are probably correct, but more and more people keep moving in. I am in Coeur d alene, but same arguments here as there. remember, it does not matter what the people who are not there think, but actually what the ones that are there think.

google expected country population growth. you can find a map of all the counties in the US and get an idea of expected growth.

ODB

WKR
you could always try Belgrade. for all the folks saying it is expensive and not the place it was, they are probably correct, but more and more people keep moving in. I am in Coeur d alene, but same arguments here as there. remember, it does not matter what the people who are not there think, but actually what the ones that are there think.

google expected country population growth. you can find a map of all the counties in the US and get an idea of expected growth.

Ugh, based on that, I’m going back to the Northern Frontier District in Kenya...

Bozeman has become what people who lived there always were glad it was not... and prices reflect that.
Sorry, I'm no help with a realtor. Unless you have your heart set on Bozeman, you could do a lot more with your money in another part of the state/mountain west.
It all depends on your pocektbook, and what your vision of 'Montana Life' is all about.