Recommendation for BB gun or 22 with decent trigger

OP
uppercut11
Thanks everyone for all of the great input. I am always amazed with the great information you can get on this forum from very knowledgeable sportsmen. I took my daughter to a few gun stores today (we live about an hour and a half from town so this is a big trip) and bought her a gun. I thought I would post my conclusions on here in case they are helpful to anyone reading this thread down the road. We were not able to find all of the models recommended on here to check out unfortunately but did find many of them.

Ultimately we bought the Savage Rascal. Great trigger pull, short length of pull like she needs, and lightweight enough that she can manage it properly. Comes with crude peep sight and I bought the scope bases as well so I can scope it at some point. Would have preferred an option with a magazine (there isn't an equivalent model with magazine), but would be making her run it in single shot probably until she would have outgrown it anyway so not a big deal. $189 price tag was nice too.

Looked at the Cricket. Comparable size to the rascal and the exact same price. Also a single shot. Looked like a decent little gun but trigger vastly inferior to the rascal.

We looked at the Bergara BXR with the carbon barrel and adjustable stock. It seemed like a nice option, but in the $700 range and no open sights and semi auto. Would be nice to be able to adjust it to grow with her, but she has 3 younger siblings so we will probably just pass one down to the next when she outgrows it. The B14R Carbon looks really sweet but was not able to see one in person. I don't see that it has the adjustable stock like the BXR. Price point was too high anyway, but looks really nice.

We looked at the Ruger Americans. Trigger was definitely a big improvement over her Red Ryder, but had some creep and did not break very crisp. Functional but not as good as I was looking for. I considered it pretty carefully as so many had recommended it. It was also pretty heavy for her. The length of pull would have been OK with the shorter stock option that I understand it comes with.

The CZ 457 was SWEET. I see this being a definite option in the future when she gets a little bigger. Great trigger pull and great looking gun. Just too big for her right now and wasn't finding a shorter stock option.

Thanks again everyone for all of the input!

Forelle

FNG
I had not heard of the Beeman before. I just looked into the R7 and that looks like it would be a good choice. Definitely higher priced than a lot of air guns but looks like the quality would be worth it.

They’re made by Weihrauch in Germany. The Weihrauch HW30 is the same gun. Sometimes Weihrauch’s are slightly cheaper with a slightly less ornate stocks.

They’re both hard to find used. Pyramid Air and Airguns if Arizona sell them and sometimes have them used. If you buy it from either of them, and don’t like it, they’ll allow you to return within an reasonable timeframe.

Lifetime quality gun with great resale. Many adults buy them for their kids and end up taking them for themselves because they’re so fun to shoot. Dime size groups at 30 yards all day long. If you want to hunt with it, step up to an R9. Problem is the R9 is a little heavy and harder to cock for kids.