Recommendation for BB gun or 22 with decent trigger

Looking for a recommendation on a BB gun or .22 with a decent trigger to teach my daughter with.

I bought my 7 year old daughter a red ryder BB gun thinking I would get her started on gun safety and learning to shoot. The problem is that the trigger is so stiff she has to use two fingers to pull it. I want to teach her proper shooting and trigger pull, but it is impossible with that trigger. I have been looking around at other BB guns but can't find anything that is any better. I am considering going to a .22 instead and maybe getting something like a savage rascal with the accutrigger. I appreciate any recommendations.

Savage rascal is probably your best bet.

Failing that, maybe look at some of the pellet guns available?

Rascal is the best bet for a youth rifle.
Ruger American can be had with different LOP butt inserts and is a good gun to grow with.

I’ve got a rascal, agree with other posts it’s the ticket. Taught three kids to shoot with it. Grab some CB rounds and you don’t have to worry about ears.

bwhntMT

Lil-Rokslider
If you go pellet gun, the Umarex Gauntlet has an adjustable trigger that can be set to a great weight and pull. There are videos to walk you through it.

TheGDog

WKR
Either a Savage Rascal that has the AccuTrigger on it
....OR...
A CZ! I bought my boy the CZ 452 American, that thing is beautiful, screams Quality! and it's VERY accurate too! I think the model that replaces it now is the 455. And if I recall, on that one you can latter on get a kit to switch it over to .17 HMR.

You WILL want to enjoy the beauty that is... the .17 HMR at some point. Trrrrust me!

The daisy 499b is pretty awesome for a BB gun. In the winter my boys and I shoot BB gun in the garage, they gave the red riders and I’ve got the 499, at 30’ I can shoot a toothpick in half regularly. The trigger is much better than the red rider.

You can take the trigger out of the RR and clean it up with a file a little bit, but it’s never going to be very good, they’re surprisingly stiff and hard to shoot.

the rascal is a great 22 for little guys, my boys both have them, the feed ramp isn’t great but after you get the hang of loading it it’s not bad.

OP
uppercut11
The daisy 499b is pretty awesome for a BB gun. In the winter my boys and I shoot BB gun in the garage, they gave the red riders and I’ve got the 499, at 30’ I can shoot a toothpick in half regularly. The trigger is much better than the red rider.

You can take the trigger out of the RR and clean it up with a file a little bit, but it’s never going to be very good, they’re surprisingly stiff and hard to shoot.

the rascal is a great 22 for little guys, my boys both have them, the feed ramp isn’t great but after you get the hang of loading it it’s not bad.
Is the trigger on the daisy somewhat comparable to a decent rifle trigger? I need it light enough for her to pull with one finger and also want it to be decently crisp so she can learn proper squeeze.

OP
uppercut11
Either a Savage Rascal that has the AccuTrigger on it
....OR...
A CZ! I bought my boy the CZ 452 American, that thing is beautiful, screams Quality! and it's VERY accurate too! I think the model that replaces it now is the 455. And if I recall, on that one you can latter on get a kit to switch it over to .17 HMR.

You WILL want to enjoy the beauty that is... the .17 HMR at some point. Trrrrust me!
I don't see a 455... you mean the 457?

OP
uppercut11
I have a CZ 457, excellent trigger and really fun to shoot.
How is the length of pull? Is it sized for an adult or is it youth sized? Not seeing that info on their website for some reason. Looks like there are several different styles of 457. Which one did you go with?

OP
uppercut11
If you go pellet gun, the Umarex Gauntlet has an adjustable trigger that can be set to a great weight and pull. There are videos to walk you through it.
Interesting... thanks for the tip. It looks like you air it up with a separate pump or compressor vs having a pump on the gun itself?

OP
uppercut11
Rascal is the best bet for a youth rifle.
Ruger American can be had with different LOP butt inserts and is a good gun to grow with.
I am not seeing the different LOP butt plates. Is that something you buy separately or that comes with if you get the right model? How is the trigger on the Ruger?

vhr1079

FNG
Savage MK2 FV SR has a pretty good trigger and can be had for around $200-250. Plus it might be better suited to grow into or for adult use than the rascal.