Recommendation on affordable 2 person tent?

Getting ready for my first backpacking hunting trip with my boy this year. Looking for a decent tent for September weather in Washington, tent that won't break the bank. Also from a company that supports hunting not a tree hugger thanks.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
For a short hike or truck camp I like my slumber jack daybreak tent. Mine is a four person at ten pounds and the 2 man version is five pounds if you get ultra lite stakes. If you can split it it wouldn’t be horrible to pack (2or3 man version). It’s held up well to some downpours and hail. Plus slumber jack is hunting friendly and you get kelty quality and features. Not top end but respectable and good value.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
West side my boy will have his own tent to so I will be buying two. No stove .

Missed this ^^^disregard my post. I wouldn’t recommend mine for a hunting trip if you’re each bringing a tent.

*zap*

WKR
My nemo galaxy 2 is pretty nice, comes with footprint and you can get a nice loft for it. They make a snap in interior footprint for it also. Fly doors open all the way without dumping water on the tent floor. Mesh upper tent body and vents built into the fly doors. Single pole with a center hub, vertical walls make it seem roomier. They are partnering with first lite so I assume they are not bunny huggers. 5#+/-.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was looking at that one thanks

I don’t think you can get much lighter for the price and size unless going with a floorless (ms mountain shelter). Ya it’s a solid value and I love the how the vestibule can be pitched out with trekking poles. But at 5-6lbs each person it’s pushing it when you also have hunting gear.

Raghornklr

Lil-Rokslider
Honest opinion, if you’re hunting the wet side there isn’t all that much room to get too far from a road. Even behind a gate they are pretty easy walking with a reasonable size tent. Last years archery I carried a kelty salida, kept me dry , was about $100 and wasn’t real noticeable in my pack when cruising gated roads.

OP
C
Honest opinion, if you’re hunting the wet side there isn’t all that much room to get too far from a road. Even behind a gate they are pretty easy walking with a reasonable size tent. Last years archery I carried a kelty salida, kept me dry , was about $100 and wasn’t real noticeable in my pack when cruising gated roads.
You are spot on there I will take a look at it thanks

TR909

FNG
I really hope all tent manufacturers are tree huggers AND support hunting. I'm parting with a Big Agnes Copper Spur UL II. Holler if you're interested.

TravisIN

WKR
I have a kelty salida 2 also. It’s a pretty solid little tent. Not too bad on weight for the price either.
I don’t use it much though bc I prefer my mountainsmith mountain shelter lt. it could be used for two also. Not a ton of room for gear though. It’s light and very affordable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: