Recommendations for an arrow holder for drop away rests

KSBackCountryHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Hey! Anyone use the Vaportrail Shag Pad and have any reviews or any other recommendations for a shelf pad or arrow holder for your riser shelf? Shooting a vaportrail rest and looking for something to hold a small diameter arrow on the shelf so it’s not floating around or making noise!
Thanks I’m advance!

jmez

WKR
I just put moleskin on my shelf. The little black stick on holders work well if you don't shoot a Hoyt. They won't stick to the rubber on a Hoyt. Another word of caution because most drop aways sit so far back, if the point of your arrow comes back past the arrow holder a broadhead will catch on it and pull your arrow off the string when drawing. FP's won't do this. I learned this lesson the hard way.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I hated using an arrow holder and hated not having one even worse. Hated having it for the reason Mez mentioned above, especially since my arrows are cut to just in front of the rest so the BH's are over the shelf. So I've used a QAD HDX for the past 4 years and love not having to deal with the holder or a loose arrow. I can run through the elk woods with an arrow nocked, and it's good to go.

OP
KSBackCountryHunter

KSBackCountryHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Index finger works pretty well.
That's what I have been doing but it's just a little annoying having the arrow slide all over the shelf-- I'm afraid of the possible noise in the tresstand possibly so hoping to avoid that but all good suggestions everyone!

ranch

FNG
AAE has one I like. Covers the whole shelf as well as having a low profile “U” to keep the arrow from moving.