Recommendations for DIY mule deer outfitter in Craig Co unit 301?

djfergus

FNG
Looking for recommendations for a DIY mule deer outfitter on private land in Craig Co. Unit 301 with lodging.

OP
D

djfergus

FNG
DIY outfitter....lol!

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
Enlighten me please. Never been out there but I talked to a fellow who went unguided last year on private land in 301. Lodged there on private land and all three of his party took nice mule deer. Im going to ask him who he went with when I get a chance to see him again. Thank you!

bsnedeker

WKR
Oh, it's a thing for sure... the term just makes me laugh! Good luck!

OP
D

djfergus

FNG
DIY outfitter....lol!

Enlighten me please. Never been out there but I talked to a fellow who went unguided last year on private land in 301. Lodged there on private land and all three of his party took nice mule deer. Im going to ask him who he went with when I get a chance to see him again. Thank you
I will ask him when I see him. He said it was a Lady that ran the place.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry no recommendations but I will say that hunting private out there is probably a better experience in most aspects.

I can get in touch with my cousin, his uncles own quite a bit of property and do season “leases” I guess you could call it. Pay access but no boarding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What you’re looking for is either a hunt where you pay a trespass fee or a 1 week land lease.

Replying back to this thread and the PMs I received,

The family’s ranch is leased out for the foreseeable future.

Bjorn16

FNG
I can get in touch with my cousin, his uncles own quite a bit of property and do season “leases” I guess you could call it. Pay access but no boarding

Any chance you could ask your cousin to check if his uncles have any openings for 2nd rifle mule deer on their property or any vouchers left for that season? I know it's a long shot this late in the game. I did find another unit wide voucher I can buy if needed. Thanks.

Any chance you could ask your cousin to check if his uncles have any openings for 2nd rifle mule deer on their property or any vouchers left for that season? I know it's a long shot this late in the game. I did find another unit wide voucher I can buy if needed. Thanks.

Land is in a controlled lease for the next 3-5 years