Recommendations Hot Water Camp shower

bpctcb

WKR
I use a turkey fryer to heat water as many others do then dump hot water in a 5-7 gallon bucket. I have a bilge pump that I drop in the bucket to pump the water to a Cabelas shower privy. Bilge pump has 10’ electrical leads with alligator clamps to I hook to pickup battery. Pump has 10’ discharge hose to privy with twist on/off shower head that I cut off a cheap solar shower.

Having a hot shower available to use anytime I want is a game changer for me; really helps lift my mood and stay positive & upbeat when the hunting sucks.

BP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having good success with my Camp Chef Triton water heater and a Shurflo 2088-433-144 pump. The heater came with its own shower hose and head.

hunt1up

WKR
I made my own pump shower a few years ago and it works great. Go buy a regular lawn pump sprayer, remove the want and attach a cheap sink sprayer like this with a barb fitting: https://www.grainger.com/product/23...kwcid=AL!2966!3!281698275768!!!g!472905489998!

I painted the tank black so you can leave it in the sun to warm. Or just dump in some hot water and you're good to go. You can build one for about $20 in about 5 minutes.

bcmenten

FNG
Looking for recommendations /experience using hot water showers at camp. Looking at something with propane and pump to run water out of bucket

We drive to Wyoming and set up base camp so size/weight isn't an issue.
Used solar showers in the past but if it isn't sunny and warm not much help.
Looked at Zodi but have to say worst customer service and in early July they were out of stock and guess they still are. Website does not allow you to place orders, called several times and no answer.

Anyone use Mr. Heater or Coleman? Pros and Cons
Our group uses a Coleman and it works great even with snow melt water. We refill the 1lbs propane containers so its affordable and can easily move the shower after use. Good luck

We use this or something very similar at camp in the summer and fall. We don’t use it in the winter because of freezing issues run it off a 5 gallon propane tank and A small pump that cuts in and out on water pressure off a Generator it does a fine job the big concern is water freezing in it it will crack the heat exchanger even if you think you got it all out Let me know if you need more details
Yep, this is what we use. Rigged up to a light switch so flip the switch and hot water in 2 seconds fed from a 55 gal. barrel.

fmyth

WKR
5 gallon bucket of water
submersible stock tank heater plugged into my Honda generator
12v pump/shower head