Recommendations on muzzle brake

Secorile

FNG
Looking for a muzzle brake for my savage 110 classic. It has a 9/16x28 thread on it. Chambered in .270 Winchester.

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor

BjornF16

WKR
Are you sure it is 28 tpi and not 24?

I was going to suggest “The Answer” as well but it is 24 tpi

tcpip95

Lil-Rokslider

Expensive, but they are the best IMHO. I have two of them: one my 30-06, the other on my 45-70.

Last edited:

fatbacks

WKR
I think most muzzle brakes will work very well. You can spend a pile on them or very little. Seems like every company around is jumping in on the muzzle brake market.

Muzzle Brakes n More has some more affordable options that are all awesome in my experience.

rifletuner

Lil-Rokslider
I have used a lot of brakes over the last 25 years. I like the Terminator brake and have several of them. The Terminator is the most effective brake I have used it terms of pure recoil reduction, but it does direct a lot of blast back towards the shooter to achieve the recoil reduction. The last few years I have been using the Heathen self timing brake and like them a lot. I find them very effective in reducing recoil, but my better at directing the blast away from the shooter.

OP
S

Secorile

FNG
I thought it was 9/16x24 until I looked on savages website and saw it was x28. Makes it pretty tough to find one but I appreciate all the feedback, will definitely have to look at them all and make a decision.

This was my choice. It's nice brake, does a good job at reducing the recoil on my ar

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW using Tapatalk