Recommendations on Northern Idaho Stock services

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Hey guys,

I have a bull winkle tag in N. ID area 10 in the Clearwater/Nez Perce. I am doing the hunt DIY but wanted to have some insurance with an outfitter or locals with good backcountry stock to be on call if I get a bull down far enough a road that might concern me with meat spoilage. Packing out elk doesnt concern me but I feel a mature bull moose might be risky and take a lot more time. Thought Id post in here in case anyone had any ideas or know of some one? Can a guy from Missoula come for a fee or is that against the law without a permit (have to be Idaho)?

I tried calling a couple guide services in the area but still no word back....

Thanks!

EastMont

FNG
A guy/packer could do it regardless of the state if he has a commerical use permit with that national forest. But it does take time and money. Idk what those permits cost up there but I know poeple in NM are putting in for their permits here now.

I don't think you can pay anyone else to pack meat for you except the outfitter that is licensed for your hunt area.

Anybody could help you out of the goodness of their heart but if you pay someone it must be the outfitter.

OP
Pacific_Fork

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Yea its more about the timing and difficulty of getting a hold of someone if/when I got a bull down, especially if its during the general elk/deer season. Im up to and look forward to the challenge for my buddy and I to pack out the moose. Lots of planning and decisions to make ahead....