Recommended Black (or Brown) Taxidermists

I am headed to coastal Alaska here in a couple of weeks for my fall black bear hunt. The outfitter I am going with has taken over 50% of the SCI record black bears. Not that it’s a guarantee for me, nor that I will even have a shot opportunity but I am hoping for similar results.

Regardless of the score it will be a my first ever bear. Being my first bear and possibly bigger than average bear I am leaning on getting a full body mount done however haven’t ruled out a nice rug. I am currently leaning towards using Deweys in Cody, WY if I decide on the full mount. Any other recommendations on top tier taxis for bears? I know Deweys does everything great but really well known for their sheep. I am already locked in on using him for my goat if successful next year.

Thoughts, recommendations?

Last edited:
I think Dewey's is a great choice, no need to change from them. I have a feeling I know which outfitter you are hunting with, you're going to have a great hunt!

OP
Theringworm
I appreciate the words of encouragement. I stumbled upon Monarch Taxidermy out of Helena, Montana. They appear to also do some quality work. Anyone used them before.

Brent9477

FNG
Here’s a Dewey mount they do great work

Attachments

• 22B86B71-658C-42B9-A5E4-3575203606D0.jpeg
    22B86B71-658C-42B9-A5E4-3575203606D0.jpeg
    384.7 KB · Views: 38

jedi

FNG
Roundy taxidermy out of Utah does some really nice work as well. I havent personally had anything done there, but follow his work. Always looks top notch