Recommended Boots for Colorado Elk Hunt at 11,000 Ft.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm planning a 2019 Elk hunt for the last week of September in SW part of Colorado in the Weminuche Wilderness and am looking for input on footwear.

Check out our Beartooth boots. Perfect for that country and they're currently 30% off with promo code RAM23. If they don't fit or you want something different, we do free returns.. - matt

Check out our Beartooth boots. Perfect for that country and they're currently 30% off with promo code RAM23. If they don't fit or you want something different, we do free returns.. - matt
I was looking at the granite 600g boots. Out of the granite and bear tooth, what would you recommend for an elk hunt in Colorado?

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I was looking at the granite 600g boots. Out of the granite and bear tooth, what would you recommend for an elk hunt in Colorado?
Beartooth. The Granite's are great boots, but they're stiff... really stiff. The beartooth is stiff, but more versatile. I use mine all the time for mountain deer/elk here in MT. The granite is like a purpose built sheep hunting boot. Also, the 600g will bake your feet if you're hiking hard. I'd stick to 200g id you're moving a lot. - matt

Mr Xv3

FNG
Beartooth. The Granite's are great boots, but they're stiff... really stiff. The beartooth is stiff, but more versatile. I use mine all the time for mountain deer/elk here in MT. The granite is like a purpose built sheep hunting boot. Also, the 600g will bake your feet if you're hiking hard. I'd stick to 200g id you're moving a lot. - matt
Just an observation - it’s really cool that a hunter can get 1-on-1 recs like this from Schnee’s

Last edited: