Recommended Budget Binoculars

Drenalin

WKR
You can get Leupold BX-4s for just under $400 new. You might, maybe, find a used pair at $300-350 but you'd have to patient and quick.

Drenalin

WKR
FYI, there's a pair of Maven C.1 10x42 on ebay right now for $270 + $20 shipping. Not a bad deal if you're ready to go now. They're not mine - I'm a little tempted to buy them just to compare to my BX-4s.

nobody

WKR
Thanks. I've liked what I've read on the Vortex Vipers...just don't find (m)any used ones in the <$350 price range of my budget. Looks like the Vortex Diamondbacks are in that price point, though. From all I've read through, it seems like the Maven C1s and Vortex Diamonbacks are both in that $300 range have comparable specs and reviews.

Not sure I could really go wrong with either of them.
The C.1's and the Diamondbacks cost about the same, but they're in different classes altogether. Maven's are more comparable to a Razor HD (not the UHD). They just do direct to consumer, so you don't have the retail markup. The Diamondbacks are a decent binocular for the money, no doubt, but the Maven's are a step above for sure. Now the Razor UHD's, THAT'S a binocular you should chase if you can!

Michael54

WKR
FYI, there's a pair of Maven C.1 10x42 on ebay right now for $270 + $20 shipping. Not a bad deal if you're ready to go now. They're not mine - I'm a little tempted to buy them just to compare to my BX-4s.
They are clearer than the bx4s and a more neutral color image in my opinion.

Agross

WKR
They are clearer than the bx4s and a more neutral color image in my opinion.
Agree. I picked up the bx 4 recently because of all the love they get on this forum. Much prefer the mavens for the image and eye cups and focus knob. Wasn’t impressed with the leupys at all. I know everybody’s eyes are different but wasn’t close for me.

STL

FNG
Another vote for the Mavens. Otherwise, Nikon Monarch are decent for the price and I got a pair of Vortex Diamondbacks for around $150 during a sale.

I have a pair of diamondbacks and would upgrade if i found a deal like this. Diamondbacks are good for the money but after looking through a buddies mavens I’ve been wanting to upgrade.

KnCaffre

FNG
Another vote for the Mavens. My buddy has a pair and I have been trying to steal them from him for a year...