Recommended clothing for Wyoming antelope hunt

I am planning an antelope hunt for October 2023. I have never been to Wyoming so I really don’t know what to expect for weather and subsequent clothing needed for mid October.

I’m looking at buying some Kuiu on their 40% off sale but I have no clue about what systems are recommended.

I already have merino wool base layers so I will need outerwear more than anything.

Can someone please make some recommendation for pants, upper body layering, head, etc…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have hunted the same unit with 4" of snow on the ground opening day and then it was 72 degrees opening day a year later...Its WY the only thing you count on weather wise is wind...

zrodwyo

Lil-Rokslider
What you have on now will probably work just fine. I would bring a jacket tho and an extra pair of shoes so you don’t get mud all on your car.

TreeWalking

Lil-Rokslider
I am planning an antelope hunt for October 2023. I have never been to Wyoming so I really don’t know what to expect for weather and subsequent clothing needed for mid October.

I’m looking at buying some Kuiu on their 40% off sale but I have no clue about what systems are recommended.

I already have merino wool base layers so I will need outerwear more than anything.

Can someone please make some recommendation for pants, upper body layering, head, etc…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Here would be the features you need:
Waterproof
Will cut down of leaks of wind into your clothing
Flexible when sit or kneel
Colors without blacks if wear camo

I have some of the tactical clothing and love it in the steep stuff and in wet stuff. I did not go full Sitka Bro so have Sitka and KUIU as outerwear/raingear. I do not get too concerned about camo or not and what pattern if is camo. I try not to get caught moving and try to play the wind. Pronghorn tend to be in groups and that is a lot of eyes to evade so the movement will betray you before the camo pattern. Waving a white flag on a hiking stick is obviously movement though can actually bring a buck in closer. I had it work on a low hunter density hunt yet on a high density hunt it just made the afterburners hit another level as they ran and ran and ran.

I tend to wear a waterproof shell on top with a down puffy under which I got used from REI. I also will switch out the puffy for a Kirkland fleece vest. For pants I like the kind with waterproof/padded knees and waterproof rear end zone.

Blue jeans, kuiu attacks, a puffy, some light rain gear and sweatshirt or light hoody.

I live in north central WY what unit you going to draw?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

406life

Lil-Rokslider
In all likelihood, you won't need the base layers.
I've been running Forloh's gear and really like it. The AllClima pants have been bulletproof. With the hip vents, I'm good for cool mornings and hotter afternoons.

2019 blue bird weather, medium weight pants and a longsleve shirt and a light weight jacket, no base layers---2021 first day pretty much the same 2nd day added a good rain suit, 3&4 th days set in a hotel during a blizzard 5th day base layer, wool sweater, wool shirt and heavy pants, Heavy coat , did someone mention wind lots of that, take clothing to suit for 60-70 degree range to freezing. Never bought into the top so called brands of hunting clothing, I am a woolrich and mil. clothing type of hunter. See you in Wyoming in 2023 if we draw tags.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
This is the same tree, one week apart in October in Wyoming 2022.

The snow ended up with about 4 inches sticking. 3,500 feet elevation. Antelope didn’t mind the snow one bit, saw hundreds.

2B99AF64-FE3E-459B-8B33-8EA0E5CD475C.jpeg

3268A9D7-122F-4E37-B92B-D2BCEFA61074.jpeg

FLS

WKR
Camo doesn’t matter, there is nothing taller than knee high and you’re wearing a blaze orange hat. Use terrain to get close enough to shoot.
Comfortable pants and boots, you will probably be walking a lot, a long sleeve T shirt and a hoody or jacket in the morning when it’s cool. A heavier jacket and some long underwear in case it gets cold. Gloves and a warm hat.
I usually hunt the first or second week of October. Most years it’s 40s in the AM up to mid 60s low seventies in the afternoon. Twice it’s been in the teens and snowing. Waterproof/ wind proof was nice to have.