Recommended online ammo websites

Hey guys/gals.

I just bought an AR-15. Long time hunter/shooter but FNG to AR-15. I've been online looking at ammo. This venture has taken me to websites I have never heard of. Some I come across look sketchy and I don't purchase from them. I'm starting a thread where our fellow Roksliders can list sites that are legit and they had a good purchasing experience as well as sketchy sites and bad experiences. Help us all give our money to good businesses that are doing it the right way and avoid the snakes sites.

Good: midwayusa, cabelas, sportsmans warehouse, Brownells, just to list a few.
Bad: haven't been scammed yes but I'm always on the lookout. One in particular is maxammunitions. Site is faded in appearance and ammo is unusually cheap both are red flags. I called the listed number and no answer or recording. Per online review it may be a scam site.

bsnedeker

WKR
I can't recommend any specific retailer....but have you been looking at local stores? 223/556 ammo is readily available up here in NW MT.

The question of site legitimacy comes up often as more and more scam sites are created. Here's a test that you can apply. I don't do business if they raise any red flags.

Phone Number: Is there a phone number prominently displayed on their home page. Red Flag if there is not. Call them if there is a number.

Address: Do they have a physical address posted? If not Red Flag. If they do have an address, what does it look like on Google street view or satellite map? Red Flag if it doesn't look like a business.

Inventory: Do they have a lot of hard to find stuff or too good to be true pricing? Red Flag if they do.

Business History: When you Google the business name with the words review and complaint, what do you find? Little footprint or a lot of negative reviews or BBB complaints is a red flag.

Payment Method: Crypto, Venmo, Pay Pal friends and family only? Red Flag.

Site Language: Do you notice language errors or irregularities? Red Flag if there are errors and oddities.

Wvroach

WKR
I'll add in target sports USA and global ordnance to this list, good for bulk common stuff not so much hunting rounds etc ..

WoodDuck

FNG
I have bought cases of shotgun ammo yearly from Roger’s Sporting Goods. Free shipping over $99. Have not looked for other types of ammo but worth a check in my opinion.

2a warehouse out of Texas, I've ordered from them several times, some of the better prices I've found.

PNWGATOR

WKR
Unknown Munitions here in Post Falls Idaho and they’re a Rokslide sponsor.

FANTASTIC family owned business with first class customer service, top tier quality and fair pricing.

Look no farther.

For .223 and 5.56 I’ve used Cheaper Than Dirt for years, but switched to Optics Planet for my last 4 orders. The pricing and shipping times have been better. The customer service is excellent too. Just had a few thousand rounds delivered (shooting range in the backyard).

In a recent hunt for turkey rounds, the best deal was on Bass Pro Shops.