Recommended Pants - Nov MT Deer Hunt

OP
wirehead

wirehead

Lil-Rokslider
…the side zips. Wonder if a decent seamstress could knock that out?

Any thoughts on the XKG or FL stuff?

fishslap

WKR
Jumping in on this thread. I’ve been looking for new all purpose pants with a leaning towards November hunts also. I like my first lite corrugate foundary pants but they’re super loud IMO. Anyone know how kuiu attacks or axis compare to prana zions or FL corrugate foundary as far as noise and warmth? Looking to move from FL to kuiu.

Another more budget option to consider would be some of the BlackOvis branded pants. I have a few of them midweight pants, and they have held up really well over the last few seasons. I believe they have also since introduced some heavier weight pants and include size zip vents. They can usually be found a reasonable price or if you can wait, they do show up on CamoFire occasionally.

bsnedeker

WKR
Same pants I wear in the summer...throw on some long johns when it's cold. Throw on some puffy pants when I'm sitting.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

OP
wirehead

wirehead

Lil-Rokslider
Same pants I wear in the summer...throw on some long johns when it's cold. Throw on some puffy pants when I'm sitting.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
that is exactly what I am planning to with.

Attacks with or without long johns (got a couple types of varying warmth) and some puffy pants. We'll see how it goes. There's always hand-warmers as a backup.

Hersh

FNG
I used Sitka timberlines and also kuiu guide pants. Paired with Black Ovis merino wool thermals. Worked great for me. Also like my older Sitka 90 percent pants as well. Used all three on my Montana mule deer hunts