Recommended Watching.

Curtis C

WKR
I get a few days off this week with Doc's orders to do nothing. Going in for Cortizone Injections in lower back.

Whats worth watching (hunting related) on Netflix or maybe some web based shows. I rarely watch TV show we don't get the outdoor cable channels.

C

Havok

FNG
I found some old Gordan Eastman shows on Netflix, High Wild and Free and the Savage Wild were the two that I can remember. I enjoyed seeing how they got it done back in the day. They are really cheesy but I thought they were enjoyable non the less.

OP
Curtis C

Curtis C

WKR
Thanks for the ideas
Got the eastman stuff in queue, Possibly some interesting explosions on Lukes youtube page, and to see if we get the channel that has Steven Rinella's show

C

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Thanks for the ideas
Possibly some interesting explosions on Lukes youtube page

C

You found that huh? :D Yeah the was my bachelor party night, no stripper or shenanigans such as that, just some good wholesome oxy-acetylene exploits. :D

Check out outbackoutdoors.com!! Trevon and the gang are a webisode based video group. Other things to check out...roehuntingresources.com. Both of these are Colorado based groups. Chris Roe has some great things going on at RHR!!

mtnkid85

WKR
Ha, just found that High, wild and free on netflix and was going to make a post about it. Then I figured Id search to see if anyone else had posted about it already...

Great old film!

2ski

WKR
IM definitley checking this out. Cool site. Thanks for posting that. I see some Elk Vids in that so Im all over it.

Good show, good guy too. I've talked to him a couple of times. I'm partial to the show since he's here in Bozeman.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
...and I thought it was going to be something interesting, just joking mate, great stuff, always enjoy watching what you guys put together.

HAHA I warned you if you wanted to kill 8 minutes of your time, can't blame me with such a disclaimer! :D Glad you liked it. Still need to put 2012 together....

luke moffat

Super Moderator
What did you use to make this? By no means am I computer illiterate but I just don't have experience with video that much. I really like this as a medium to put together a "slide show" in a simple yet entertaining format.

Took some pointers from Steven Spielberg and use iMovie ;)

wyodan

WKR
I found some old Gordan Eastman shows on Netflix, High Wild and Free and the Savage Wild were the two that I can remember. I enjoyed seeing how they got it done back in the day. They are really cheesy but I thought they were enjoyable non the less.

I just did a Netflix search, and have been unable to find any of the Gordon Eastman movies. Do you have any hints on how you found them?

Daniel_M

WKR
If buying some new videos is up your alley, I'd recommend checking out Larry Bartlett's stuff. Terra Incognita is legit. I like that his videos come from more of a home grown, boots on the ground adventurer type perspective rather than big corporate and scripted. Good meat and potatoes of the hunt kinda stuff, and he's cool with showing the take unlike many other material out there.

http://www.pristineventures.com/products/dvd-library.html