recurve bow stand

flytrue

FNG
My question is, does anyone know of a way to keep the bow, with an arrow nocked on the string, ready for a shot without holding it in your hand? Do those bow kickstands work on a recurve? If I'm next to a perfect tree I can lean the bow against it with an arrow on the string, but that tree doesn't always exist right where I want to be situated.

oldgoat

WKR
I've never seen anything, there's an item called a "third hand" for a treestand that might be able to be attached to a stake to put in the ground, but it might be a little heavy to tote around, then you would want an arrow keeper mounted to the bow. The arrow keeper I posted is the easiest to mount and is friendly to mount on most risers. Just looked on Third Hand Archery and they have a ground holder, not sure if it will work on recurve but you might ask them.

Sheepdog

FNG
For holding the arrow on the bow I am really liking the kwik-loc. Super easy to set up, quick, quiet and stays out of the way when not using/after the shot.

I just about picked up a ground blind stake from scheels the other day. I’m pretty sure it’d work with a recurve, or long bow. The angle of the stake in the ground might just need to change. The only reason I didn’t is that I have some solid aluminum stakes at home that I’m going to try to bend in the same way and wrap the U-curve portion in electrical tape. Here’s the one I saw at scheels-