Recurve Riser Busted

applepie_eli

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using a Fuse Intrepid recurve bow for the last 4 or 5 years I got from Field and Stream. It's only been shot moderately, very rarely left strung overnight, and never abused. Tonight I went to shoot it, and the first time I drew back, the entire riser broke into three (almost 4) pieces. I felt a piece fly back and hit me in the chest (lucky I'm not hurt), and you could hear the whole thing just snap like a twig.

1. I've heard Fuse is owned or affiliated with Hoyt, would it be worth getting ahold of Hoyt rather than Fuse? Thinking the bigger company would have a better reputation. Does anyone know if this is true or is Fuse an independent company? I can't find this bow for sale anymore, so hoping that doesn't ruin my chances of someone fixing my problem.

2. It's less than two weeks away from archery season for me. Should I try to get the bow replaced or would it be a waste of time? I mean the thing could've easily hit me in the eye or something and caused some serious damage. Or would I be better off just biting the bullet and going and buying a new bow? I have basically no money at all at the moment for a bow, so I would probably have to end up buying a cheap old compound bow (really hoping to stick with recurve), or borrowing one from someone for the season. Either way the situation sucks and I'm hoping I can get a new bow out of it before the season opener.

3. Has anyone had this happen before? I could understand a limb breaking, but I can't imagine why a riser would bust like that. I also understand it wasn't an expensive bow and not the highest quality. But I just can't find an excuse for a bow to do that other than it getting thrown off a cliff or something.

PLEASE HELP! I WAS FINALLY STARTING TO SHOOT IT GOOD TOO LOL.

Damn, that's rough.
Man if you can borrow a bow through the season, that would be your best bet outside of buying a new one.
You should call Fuse, and see what they can do, but at best I would be surprised if it was resolved in 2 weeks. I've never dealt with them, but 2 weeks would probably be a rush turnaround this soon before season, when they are probably super busy.

OP
applepie_eli

applepie_eli

Lil-Rokslider
Damn, that's rough.
Man if you can borrow a bow through the season, that would be your best bet outside of buying a new one.
You should call Fuse, and see what they can do, but at best I would be surprised if it was resolved in 2 weeks. I've never dealt with them, but 2 weeks would probably be a rush turnaround this soon before season, when they are probably super busy.

Yeah I'm just afraid they may not do anything at all since the bow is about 5 years old and I don't even think they make it anymore. Worth a shot. I'll call tomorrow.

BTLowry

FNG
Sadly you are probably out of luck on a 5yr old bow

I would find me something to replace it AND contact FuSe to see if they are willing to warranty it though

I imagine the best you can hope for is a credit of some sort if they are no longer making bows

OR Archer

WKR
Unfortunately there’s no warranty still with that Bow. They had a one year limited warranty. They don’t even offer that bow anymore either.