Recurve whitetail. The Blacktail Elite VL has spoken!

plentycoupe

Lil-Rokslider
I have been shooting a recurve or longbow for about 20 years now. Since living up in AK the past 10 years I had not hunted whitetail. Im at my new home in North Dakota now and was able to get in on a hunt with some good friends yesterday.
The recurve did the job quite nicely! Whitetail backstraps are what's for dinner! haha
I saw a lot of deer and had a buck come by me at about 2 feet, just after I arrowed this doe.
Was using my Blacktail Elite VL that Norm finished for me this year. 50lbs@28. Carbon arrow with a 300grain single bevel VPA. Excellent penetration.

DSCN0745.jpgDSCN0746.jpg

InDeep

WKR
Awesome bow and way to let that thing eat! Norm, makes them unlike anyone else !

JDeanP

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats! Thise bows are indeed beauties.

I started using that same head this year. They take a bit more work than a grizzly to get sharp, but, dadgum are they brutal. If I hadn't been the one to shoot them into my deer this year I wouldn't have believed the damage done was from an arrow. Have you been satisfied with them yourself?

I have never hunted whitetail a either, but I'll be moving to Kansas next year and should be able to get plenty of opportunities to harvest one myself.

OP
plentycoupe

plentycoupe

Lil-Rokslider
Hey brother thanks for the reply. This is the first time I have used these broadheads. These were actually the only three I could find so I'm glad I didnt lose this one!
I have them razor sharp and this thing did a great job. I have a heavy arrow of 650ish grains and around 23% FOC. I made a bad shot as the deer was moving at about 12 yards. The arrow entered the front of her right thigh(her leg was forward) went through that and the boadhead passed all the way up and through the left lung, a rib and the hide stopped if from exiting. Although it cracked the rib.
She went about a hundred yards and died.
I am very impressed with the set up.
photo.jpg

Congrats! Thise bows are indeed beauties.

I started using that same head this year. They take a bit more work than a grizzly to get sharp, but, dadgum are they brutal. If I hadn't been the one to shoot them into my deer this year I wouldn't have believed the damage done was from an arrow. Have you been satisfied with them yourself?

JDeanP

Lil-Rokslider
Very nice! I had a spine shot that completely separated the vertebra into 2 pieces. The second shot went through the front leg and into the business. The shoulder bone was so damaged that a handful of pieces fell to the floor when we butchered it. That broadhead turned my less-than-perfect shots into a dead animal.

OP
plentycoupe

plentycoupe

Lil-Rokslider
Nice job, how long did you wait on that bow from Norm?

Sorry I havent been on in a while. It was about a 20 month wait I think. That's one of the reasons I finally decided to pull the trigger. Plenty of time to save up and pay it off!