Red Dot Sights on Handguns?

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I went with the Leupold DeltaPoint Pro on a G19 MOS. Anyone else running one? Thoughts?

I heard the mounting plate was the weak point on the MOS system so I went this plate:

It was an easy install. LOTS of range time needed to try this out before I ever count on it, but was curious if anyone was working through something similar.

Going to order the Leupold Rear sight attachment and find a new front sight next.

LDPP-G19MOS.jpg

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I run an RMR on my primary carry after about a year of getting used to it. I prefer to get the slide specifically cut for the optic, don’t have to worry about the adapter plates and don’t like how high the MOS plate sets the optic up. I went with RMR because durability wise, it always stacks up towards the top, check out sage dynamics YouTube. He torture tests all rmr type sights and is a big proponent of RDS on duty/carry guns. That being said, I like how the delta point doesn’t have the tint they RMRs do and sure it will serve you well. A lot of info out there about rds, biggest thing I’ve found is make sure you are shooting with both eyes open. It’s important to do anyway, but a lot of folks don’t with pistols, but with the rds it makes you a lot more consistent.
Also a lot of RDS specific classes out there. It’s always worth the money to get training!

Matt21418

Lil-Rokslider
I just recently added a red dot to my Glock 40 MOS, I went with the leo as well. I bought Dawson precision front and rear elevated sights...for not to much more than the leo rear sight and they are easy to install and come with the tool you need to do it! I haven't gotten to the range with yet but am looking forward to trying it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdg848

WKR
I have carried a g19 milled with RMR for about two years now since my agency has authorized them. I love it and won't buy a duty gun without one again (backup gun is exception.) It makes shooting moving targets in dynamic scenarios way easier. Explains why competition shooters have been committed to RDS's for decades.