Red spotlight night coyote hunts

Any have any recommendations for a solid and bright red spotlight for nighttime coyote hunting?
I don’t want to spend too much, so budget of around $200 or less, with bonus points for keeping it under $100.

I don’t go often but a buddy and I do some quick night hunts after work maybe once or twice a month. This is a new thing for me so I’m not really set up for it. He has a NV scope on his AR and we generally have him shoot if the coyote is under 150 yds and I shoot with my bolt rifle and standard scope while he spotlights it with a red light when they hang up at 200 or so yds. He has a few red lights, but I’m looking for something with a little more ooomph. I’ve read some online reviews but a lot seem more like BS advertisements rather than actual reviews. A few that pop up are the coyote reaper, NS750, wicked lights 403iC, Orion M30C, etc…..

Any recommendations for a really bright red light that would be decent to use up to or even beyond 300 yards? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
I highly recommend the wicked 403, I can see eye shine over 700, and in the right conditions could probably identify that far, darkest conditions I could identify out to around 500. I also use a sniper hog headlamp, the kap40, I really like that too so I wouldn't hesitate getting one of their gunlights either. They are worth the money, I would not go under $100 if you want to identify to 300 yards or further.

OP
F
I highly recommend the wicked 403, I can see eye shine over 700, and in the right conditions could probably identify that far, darkest conditions I could identify out to around 500. I also use a sniper hog headlamp, the kap40, I really like that too so I wouldn't hesitate getting one of their gunlights either. They are worth the money, I would not go under $100 if you want to identify to 300 yards or further.

I think I narrowed it down to the NS750 or the 403. Basically a wash between the two? I’m also on the fence if I should get the kit and mount it on my rifle or just save my $, but just the torch, and use it as a handheld and have my buddy shine while I shoot. Thoughts?

cobbc03

Lil-Rokslider
When I hunt with buddies I would use it and let them shoot, but its much more shaky than mounted on your gun. I now always keep mine on the gun and scan mainly with the kap40. I missed a shot using it as a handheld and trying to shoot one night, I ordered the headlamp that same night.

I think I narrowed it down to the NS750 or the 403. Basically a wash between the two? I’m also on the fence if I should get the kit and mount it on my rifle or just save my $, but just the torch, and use it as a handheld and have my buddy shine while I shoot. Thoughts?

Mount it on your rifle and buy a separate hand torch.