Redacting photos on the go

ever heard of EXIF data? have you ever learned to redact a photo before posting it on social media? as the "content" of social media/forums becomes more and more visual, it wouldn't hurt to learn about this stuff - it might stave off the ruination of your favourite hunting spot

Redacting photos on the go.......

Last edited:
This is a topic that I've attempted to explore before, see link below. The realization that I came to was that it's much easier to not post photos online if I wouldn't want someone to possibly discover embedded data or identify geographical features etc.

Rich M

WKR
Im pretty sure i lost a good spot due to embedded data. Found bright eyes headed almost exactly to my stand. Nuts.

I wont take fish pictures on the water snd post em either.

Why photos need gps coordinates is beyond me.

Marble

WKR
Some social media sites wash the geo tracking out and some phones have the option to not include location in the picture.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

This is a topic that I've attempted to explore before, see link below. The realization that I came to was that it's much easier to not post photos online if I wouldn't want someone to possibly discover embedded data or identify geographical features etc.

Agreed 100%

The nuance some people missed with Matt Rinellas opinion was that, at least to me, he didn't seem to be raging against the casual Facebook/IG user who posts photos up to his friend group to check out... to me, the guy who does that is like the guy who sends out pictures to his hunting buddies via text. No harm. Its the guys posting to Facebook groups/IG publicly/forums in an effort to stroke their ego/become an influencer that's causing the issues.

Solution - don't be vain. Theres zero reason to show your hunting pictures to strangers online.

If you're worried about your "buddy" finding your hunting spot - why are you even sharing anything with that guy/girl if they're the type to go hunt your spots? The people(admittedly few) I talk to regularly about hunting I trust 100% - even if I showed them my spots they wouldn't hunt them without me, and they damn sure wouldn't share them with anyone else.

gabenzeke

WKR
I've found a couple spots over the years this way. Facebook does have one benefit I guess...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk