Redemption Bull

Longrifle

Lil-Rokslider
A quest that began 10 years ago, that brought tears and heartache more than once, culminated in the tagging of my first bull last Thursday. It's no monster, but a solid bull, and that's all I've ever wanted.

Attachments

• BullElk2.jpg
    BullElk2.jpg
    422.7 KB · Views: 317
OP
Longrifle

Longrifle

Lil-Rokslider
Congratulations! I know the pain. Still working on my first after shooting a giant in the shoulder blade and losing the tracks after 2 miles.
Wow that's some tough luck there, too. Hopefully it'll turn around for you soon.

Congratulations! I know the pain. Still working on my first after shooting a giant in the shoulder blade and losing the tracks after 2 miles.
I did the same thing last year, but with archery, so the bull was long gone and probably fine. It's such a bummer, but that's part of hunting...I love Steve Rinella's idea about how it's ok to think like a pessimist but you always have to act like an optimist. Next time...always next time :)

buttekid

Lil-Rokslider
Your devotion to the pursuit and persistence along your journey resulted in a magnificent and hard earned trophy. Congratulations!

OP
Longrifle

Longrifle

Lil-Rokslider
Your devotion to the pursuit and persistence along your journey resulted in a magnificent and hard earned trophy. Congratulations!
It was a great ride, but I'm glad to finally start a new chapter of this book.