Redemption ram

Devildogg

FNG
This had been a dream of mine for about a decade. Last March I booked a hunt with and outfitter in west Texas and wounded a good ram on the 3rd morning. We looked for him for a day and a half and never found him. I was sick it seriously changed me I had nightmares about it. Long story short I’m no quitter and booked a diy hunt with WTHO on a cancellation. I picked up a couple mowing jobs over the summer to pay for it. I had used a 6.5 Creedmoor on my first hunt I know the cartridge is loved by many but after that I despised it I couldn’t get rid of it quick enough and traded it for a 300 win and loaded it with 215gr Bergers. I was not going to take any chances and if I made a marginal shot I wanted it to do as much damage as possible. I had planned for this hunt and knew that rifle inside and out and more than confident to shoot 500+ if I had to and if the weather would allow me too. On the first morning of my hunt I snuck through a couple of drainages glassing as I went the whole time. I was working my way around to the downwind side of a big cliff. The wind was honking that morning and figured they would be out the the wind. I reached the rim of a big bowl on the backside of the mountain and started glassing. I was there for about 30 minutes and looked to my hard right and saw this ram sneaking out the back door of the bowl I was glassing. He must have watched me walk up the wash and I could not see him or just over looked him. He was close right at 100 yds I knew he was a shooter almost instantly. I shouldered my rifle and fired the big ram never even took a step he dropped like a bag of sand. I told myself I did it!!! As I walked up to him I tried to savor every moment and tried to take it all in he was a beast an ancient giant. I really couldn’t believe it had just happened it is a memory that will live with me for the rest of my life. I had redeemed myself!!!

How are you putting it in the post? Are you using attach files green button or the little mountain icon to have it in the post itself?