Redfield Rampage spotting scope

tzimm007

FNG
Hey guys, just wondering if anyone has tried the Redfield Rampage. I'm looking at the 20 to 60x80. Can't find any real helpful reviews. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

InIt2Live

Lil-Rokslider
I have the same 60mm version, and for the cost it is a decent scope. I won't pretend like it's a quality spotting scope, but for how little I use a spotter, it doesn't what I need it to. I think the most use I've put on mine is at the range, to sight in rifles. I will likely upgrade at some point, but it was the best for the money I wanted to spend on a spotter. I looked through a few in the same price range and decided to take home the rampage.

OP
tzimm007

tzimm007

FNG
Thanks for the reply. That's kind of what I figured it's a get what you pay for deal. It should be a good upgrade for my 15 to 45 Winchester! Lol

I've used their spotting scope for the past 3 years, can't remember the power off the top of my head. They are decent for the price. I'm not using them to score or size though, I'm looking for horns vs no horns and it works great for that.

OP
tzimm007

tzimm007

FNG
Mountainman that's what it will be for me too!

ptarmigan

FNG
I certainly understand having a budget believe me, but for a couple hundred more the Vanguard Endeavor HD is a lot more scope. I've got tons of $20 off coupons for cabelas if you needed one and that would put you at $379 for much better glass. Plus until May 31st they have a rebate for a free tripod.

OP
tzimm007

tzimm007

FNG
A couple hundred is pretty hard right now! I just spent 600 with kifaru on some packs!!

CLICKBANGBANG

Lil-Rokslider
I had one and sold it at a loss. It wasn't worth it to me. I wish I had just kept saving for the ATS 65 I have now. Or had put that money into better binos. I'm using Zeiss Conquest HDs and love them.

OP
tzimm007

tzimm007

FNG
What were you doing with it or what was its intended purpose that made you feel like it was not sufficient for the job?

If you can only afford the rampage, it's better than nothing. I've been using the Rampage scope to spot and the diamondback 10x42s to asses once I close the distance and it's been a great system. Are there better spotters out there? Of course. But if you can't come up with the money now you can always upgrade in the future.

OP
tzimm007

tzimm007

FNG
I just got the diamondbacks for my birthday yesterday!! Great binos!

mmac

WKR
New member so I will offer my thoughts. I have the rampage and it works at lower power range and good light for basic spotting. I used it from the range to the mountains and can count points on deer at farther than average bino range for me. However, I realized I wanted more and upgraded to the Vortex Razor and it was a world of difference.

OP
tzimm007

tzimm007

FNG
Do you think it would work for a Colorado elk hunt?

CorbLand

WKR
The Rampage is a solid scope for the price point that it falls in. There are plenty of better scopes out there but not in that price point. If it is what you can afford, get it and be happy with it. Optics is a very price pointed market. Really, not matter who makes it, if its $200, they are going to be very similar. Pick your budget, look at everything you can in that budget, pick the one you think is the best for you and be happy with it.