Rediculously bright colored arrow shafts

Hi, archery noob here. I have a one-man range setup in the desert by my house to practice, but am having a hell of time finding arrows when I fling one off target. I am using some camo CE's with red, white, and blue fletching, but these just don't stand out enough. Their camoflauge is too effective in the spring grasses and shrubs. Are there other options out there? I'm seriously tempted to lightly spray paint the practice arrows, having lost a dozen in the past month or so.

Craig4791

WKR
I use the blazer wraps in the Flo colors. I use the Flo green most of the time but flo pink is my other go to color. You can see them in flight they are so easy to see.

PhillyB

WKR
Agreed... pink wraps and pink blazers

or

Fletch with Flex Fletch Glow in the dark vanes and then go pick them up at night

Lukem

WKR
Put your target in a spot with a better backstop or build a backstop (carpet, plywood, etc.)

IAHNTR

WKR
I second Lukem. No matter what color they are if they are buried under something you won't find them. A better backstop is the only way I've found and of course, to hit the target.

8yqasety.jpg

jmez

WKR
Try white cresting, or spray paint them white, and fletching. It will show up better than even the flo colors as it contrasts with everything in nature other than snow.

The best way to see where your arrow goes while it is in flight, in my experience, is to use a flourescent nock. You will always be able to see the nock as the arrow flies to its destination. I have found that if your arrow flies well then you don't see the color on the shaft while it is in flight anyway, so it won't help in seeing where the arrow goes.

As for seeing it after it lands, spray painting some or most of the shaft in a high visibilty color is definitely a good idea to help find your arrow if it buries itself in the dirt/leaf clutter, and it's one that many folks do. Pick the color that stands out the most for YOU as each person sees color a little differently, flourescent green might jump out more than white to you, or plain red might be the best choice for your eyes.

Another approach, which works well for a really buried shaft, is to put a band of reflective tape/arrow wrap on your shaft so that in low light or at night you can use a flashlight to see it. Even the smallest bit showing will jump out at you when the light hits it.

Shoot closer to the target... There is no reason to lose a dozen arrows in one month unless you are trying to do something you are not quite ready to do. Get proficient at closer range and then slowly increase your yardage.

Or... Are you missing at close range too :)

Some arrows I use are all black, others all white and another set is all pink fletching...

RUTTIN

WKR
You can always get a metal detector to find arrows also. It might be cheaper to buy a metal detector than buy another dozen arrows?

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Get yourself a metal detector. 44 bucks from Harbor Frieght. Works like a charm =-)