refleching carbon arrows

rpm4463

Lil-Rokslider
I was curious how many times a person could reflech carbon arrows without effecting the flight? Each time I reflech I use a razor blade to scrape off the glue and fleching, then use fine sand paper to smooth the surface. This obivously removes small amounts of carbon each time and I'm guessing will change the balance of the arrow. Some of the arrows are 3 years old and been refleched 3-4 times, newer arrows only once but I have not noticed any abvious difference in performance.

Any thoughts?

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Any amount really. Just dont take off the carbon when you are scraping the vanes off.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
Use wraps and you will not have to scrape the shaft. Just peel off the wrap and start over!

Craig4791

WKR
Yep use wraps. They are a pain to clean up but will allow you to refletch as much as you want.

I refletch the same arrows quite a bit.

Don't use wraps however because if one vane gets ruin you have to replace the wrap and other vanes typically. With no wrap I can scrape the glue in that one spot and refletch one vane

no limits

FNG
I've reflecthed many carbon arrows many times and have never had an issue I use a semi dull pocket knife to scrape the glue off then rubbing alcohol to clean the shaft I'm not sure if I would be sanding on them never heard of anybody doing that

OP
R

rpm4463

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the feedback. I purchased a new set of shafts and could tell a difference with shaft of the arrows refletched several times. I'll probably use rubbing alc. more rather than fine sandpaper. I guess this is a no brainer, just never really paid attention to it.

bowuntr

WKR
I've been refletching carbon arrows since they came out... I've never had a problem. You can send me your old arrows... Ed F