Reflective arrow wrap experiences?

Gearqueer

Lil-Rokslider
To those who have tried them, what are your thoughts on reflective arrow wraps? I have the following questions:

-do you use a full wrap under the fletchings, or just a smaller strip?

-is there a reflective wrap that is still white or otherwise easily visible in good lighting?

-Do you/will you continue to use them?

Last edited:
I had them for awhile. They stuck out like a sore thumb in the dark. I had like a 6 inch wrap in white I think. Worked good in the daylight too.
I had two problems with the ones I tried. The material isn't vinyl and was very tough to peel off for refletching. Boiling water didn't help. And for some reason the leading edge wanted to peel up in small chunks. If you can find one that is vinyl or the like, I think they would be worth a shot.

The ones I had were full length and heavy. I think I'd use strips and put them ahead and maybe one behind my fletching. Never hunted with them. They do exactly what they advertise.

Tried them a couple of years ago and all my arrows have them now. I use the bohning ones and they work great. I've recovered numerous arrow I wouldn't have found without it. I've had several arrows that richocheted 100 yds or so and I just wait till dark and find them in no time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I do the full wrap on mine. I have been buying mine off ebay for the last few years. Its saved me a grouse arrow quite a few times and a few more times just missing a target in taller brush. I just go back at night with a bright flashlight and boom there they are.

These are the ones I've been buying.

Side note, my current arrows don't have them as a friend gave me a dozen VAPs last year that he had already fletched up.

Lawnboi

WKR
I run the shorter bohning reflective wraps. Have without a doubt found arrows at dusk due to them, that I wouldn’t have found without. They are on all my arrows.

They are the next best thing to illuminated nocks.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I use them and like them. Have helped me find arrows easier. They can be a pain to remove though.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I bought some off eBay and they don’t stick. Super annoying. I ended up putting a strip in front and behind my shafts and super gluing the edges when they started to separate. I am happy with them now, but a lot of work. Hit them with a flashlight and they glow!
CA957536-2DE9-4CE0-B61C-D5A4D50F9950.jpeg

motts

Lil-Rokslider
I used the ones made by onestringer but moved on to standard white wraps as they were quite heavy and difficult to remove before refletching. They did stand out very well at night though and at least as well as a white wrap during the day. I bought the 7" version (if I remember correctly) and cut them in half before fletching with blazers. I moved on for the reasons mentioned above, plus, I really only lose arrows if they bury in the dirt, so it was kind of a moot point.

I've been tinkering with them for a few years now and I now use a full 4'' bright white reflective wrap with a lighted nock. I really like white for the way it shows blood.

I’ve also had problems with mine lifting at the seam edge. I had to go back and supper glue them all. The material is heavier and stiffer than standard vinyl which I think is why the edge lifts when wrapped around my 5mm shafts. Other than having to tinker more than usual I like them. I have the white ones

i really like them. used them the last couple years on both .166 and 6mm and standard diameter arrows with lots of luck. I always roll them on using a foam exercise mat and they stick good. I then wipe them down with rubbing alcohol before fletching. I buy the 7 inch ones on ebay and cut them in half to get 2 for the price of one so they are 3.5 inches long. on the grain scale i think they are like 7 grains or something just a touch heavier than the standard non reflective wraps on ebay. if you bare shaft tune make sure you bareshaft tune with the wrap on and if you are super anal add some electrical tape that matches you fletch weight.

They really light up in the dark and also the sunlight so I have a little pouch than i have over the fletching of the arrows in my quiver that kuiu used to make (i think it was their bow cover kit?). I do think they are almost too brght in the beaming sun with white fletching in my quiver which is why I started using that. I think aron snyder said he uses something similar made out of fleece so they arent too bright in his quiver. On the next arrows I fletch up I'm going to do a neon green wrap and then just the last inch reflective and see if that isn;t too bright in the sun but still lights up with a flashlight. Would still recommend them though. LIghter than a nockturnal and cheaper too.

will also add that striping them is a little bit of a pain. i just widdle them off with a knife or fletch removal tool and then wipe down with goo gone to get the residue off and then wipe down again with rubbing alcohol and rewrap
IMG_20190625_074133_561_2.jpgIMG_2213.JPG

ncavi8tor

WKR
I only use Onestringer reflective wraps. Can be removed easily with a Zip-Strip and some Acetone. 4.5" weighs about 5 grains. Look great!

NC
b6b28c20bc55033af4192174c71f4f95.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk