Refreezing dehydrated meals

AkReaper

FNG
I made my own dehydrated meals this year. Put them in foodsaver bags, vac packed, into the freezer they went until the day before we left.
Then when we returned 6/7 days later, I put them back in the freezer. the highest temp during then hunt was was ~67* .
Spaghetti, chicken and steak fajitas with rice.
Will these still be safe to eat on a hunt I have in 2 weeks? Or should I toss and start fresh?
TIA

bricketts

FNG
Did you ever eat any while on your hunt, if so how’d they turn out? Been dying to try making my own

I made my own dehydrated meals this year. Put them in foodsaver bags, vac packed, into the freezer they went until the day before we left.
Then when we returned 6/7 days later, I put them back in the freezer. the highest temp during then hunt was was ~67* .
Spaghetti, chicken and steak fajitas with rice.
Will these still be safe to eat on a hunt I have in 2 weeks? Or should I toss and start fresh?
TIA
This is what I do with mine if unused after a trip. Sometimes they live in the freezer for months before they are eaten

Dirtscoots

Lil-Rokslider
Did you ever eat any while on your hunt, if so how’d they turn out? Been dying to try making my own
Not to highjack a thread here but this year I went all out on dehydrated meals spent two weeks in the wilderness and a week living in my truck on them best I’ve eaten out of a jetboil yet. I highly recommend making your own meals. Simple and cheap. Even adding dehydrated burger and some veggies to top Romen was a total game changer.

ChrisInAK

FNG
Not to highjack a thread here but this year I went all out on dehydrated meals spent two weeks in the wilderness and a week living in my truck on them best I’ve eaten out of a jetboil yet. I highly recommend making your own meals. Simple and cheap. Even adding dehydrated burger and some veggies to top Romen was a total game changer.
Are you adding dehydrated burger or freeze dried? Is there a product you recommend? Looking to make cheap noodle and meat meals without breaking the bank. Also want it light.

Dirtscoots

Lil-Rokslider
I use elk burger with very little fat and fry it up season the heck out of it drain all the oils I can then dehydrate the burger. I have ziplock baggies of onion, peppers, burger, chicken all have been dehydrated. I then add it to what ever meal I’m making. Even just making rice or instant mashed potatoes tossing in meat and veggies makes them very good. If you go the chicken route I have had some trial and error there. Canned chicken rehydrates better. I have not found a way to dehydrate chicken and not end up with chicken rocks in my meal except using canned chicken. I also dehydrate canned elk for another lightweight meat.

I use elk burger with very little fat and fry it up season the heck out of it drain all the oils I can then dehydrate the burger. I have ziplock baggies of onion, peppers, burger, chicken all have been dehydrated. I then add it to what ever meal I’m making. Even just making rice or instant mashed potatoes tossing in meat and veggies makes them very good. If you go the chicken route I have had some trial and error there. Canned chicken rehydrates better. I have not found a way to dehydrate chicken and not end up with chicken rocks in my meal except using canned chicken. I also dehydrate canned elk for another lightweight meat.
@Dirtscoots
@ChrisInAK

Something you guys might also try is adding 1/3 cup bread crumbs to the burger mix when you're cooking pre-dehydrator. It's a game changer for rehydration.

As for chicken breast: try throwing it in a pressure cooker (instant pot) and then dehydrating it. I've always defaulted to canned chicken like you guys for ease, but I've had others tell me they've had better luck with pressure cooking it ahead of time.

Hope that's helpful!

Dirtscoots

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the suggestion! I’ll have to try pressure cooker on chicken. I’ve read bread crumbs with burger but everything I’ve done rehydrated well so I haven’t explored too much there. I would love a freeze dryer just can’t justify the price given the quality of meals I can turn out with a 100 dollar dehydrator