Refurbished Vortex Optics?

mbeavers1

FNG
Has anyone ever purchased a refurbished optic? I found this website: https://aaoptics.com/ that sells optics that have been refurbished by Vortex AND carry the full VIP warranty. Seems like one of those too good to be true deals and wanted to see if anyone else had done it.

Walking Birds

Lil-Rokslider
I got my Vultures through them and have been very happy. If it wasn't for the prior knowledge that they were refurbished, I never would have known. I tried mounting an F.O.R. bino adapter in them and snapped the head off at the threads. 1 email later and they were on their way to Vortex, who then fixed everything and sent them back, along with a new Uni-adapter. I am 100% satisfied with my purchase

I also have bought from them and I have no issues with my binoculars. I dont know why anyone would buy new vortex stuff with what aa offers.

Matt79

Lil-Rokslider
I also just bought a pair of 10x razors and saved $300 vs new, and if you didn't know you wouldn't know they are refurbs.

I’ve used them and had good experiences. Limited stock is the only downside so far. If you have any issues vortex still will take care of it.

Travis907

WKR
A&A optics is great to deal with and Alan will definitely treat you right! Don’t hesitate to call him, he’s very knowledgeable with all Vortex Optics!

Low_Sky

Lil-Rokslider
Purchased a refurbed Vortex rifle scope once. The turret housing of the scope had been etched by Vortex, marking it as a refurb. Had no issues getting warranty service on it recently, and told them up front I believed it was a refurb. No experience with the retailer you're looking at, but you won't get any grief from Vortex over having a refurb if you need to use the warranty.

22lr

WKR
Been buying stuff from Alan for what seems like 15years now! A great dude, great company and great deals! If I remember correctly he sold me one of my first ever non-walmart elcheapo scopes, haha.