Region G Wyoming

Fatcamp

WKR
People say that units get too much attention but doesnt WY cap non resident tags? For residents, G has been known for great deer for a long time.

I have been saving, thinking I would get a tag in G too, but at 10 pts now and dont know if it is worth it. I think I would enjoy the hunt more to take a friend/family member to a different unit. Dont know what I will do.

Hi friend. 😀

sneaky

"DADDY"
I think the biggest difference between CO and WY though is there are a bunch of areas in CO that hold big deer, whereas Unit G is the "IT" area in WY. Therefore it attracts a concentration of hunters. CO has several of those type units.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Agree 100% problem for many of the NR is live 16+ hours a way and too far to scout so I see where hesitant to pull the trigger and burning points. I def need to start hunting co! never been there been spending too many years chasing elk with a bow when mule deer are my fav. Plus in three years may be a resident in one fo the states just cant fig out where to go, CO, WY MT maybe ID...ugh leaning toward WY as Muledeer an antelope are my fav and there are places as I get older can still chase them. I know by then my high country days may be numbered.

Wapiti23

FNG
I went out there this last August scouting, but with a different mindset. We didn't go looking for deer. We went looking at the terrain and how to move around in it. We found deer but had a bit of a gut check walking in. Get into shape. When you think you are in shape, do more. I'm from ND, lost 37 pounds and did walks with my 43 pound pack in hills where I live. I did good but there is a difference between 1,900 ft and 10,000 ft elevation. I have to re-evaluate my gear a bit but learned a lot.