Region R?

Dorny

FNG
Hey Everyone.

I know these questions get asked a lot....but I thought I'd try! Planning to bring 3 married couples out to WY this year for mule deer. It will be the first western hunt for 3 of the 6 people. Am I nuts to be planning on Region R? We have the points to get the tags, but what concerns me is the way elk and deer season are stacked, with tons of roads and ATV routes.....is there going to be people everywhere? we do this to get away from people!

Just looking for some first-hand experience in the area to set my expectations. Also interested if we should focus in the lower country or higher country.

Thanks in advance for anything you can offer.

Bucks are typically in the higher country. But so are all the hunters. It is pretty crazy the amount of people at times, as you pointed out with stacked seasons. Weekends obviously bring out a lot more locals in these general areas.

Beagle001

FNG
R has a TON of people, but you only have to work 10% harder (however you want to quantify that) and you’ll get into more deer. It does seem like a region with some lackluster genetics… anything with a split gets hammered. I shot a 5-6 year old fork. Elk season runs the same time, and when it snows on the mountain, be careful, those are some wicked roads