rehydrating your own meals in the back country: What bag/container do you use?

Looking at going away from Mountain House this year for at least one of my hunts. I've been dehydrating my own meals. What are your favorite ways to package then rehydrate your meals? Do you vacuum seal them or use a freezer ziploc? I don't want to do a container I have to clean, just something disposable.

I use vacuum seal type
They also handle boiling hot water fine, and are compact...
I don't need the 12" long spoon this way either
I cut them to the height and proportion I want.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

KH_bowfly

Lil-Rokslider
I'm thinking of trying the bags from packitgourmet. No experience with them yet, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I have used both vacuum bags and GOOD freezer bags, both work fine. Main thing is you may want to keep rehydration bag separate or an containment bag as dried food can be jagged and puncture the bag its packed in while in a pack.

Bulldawg

WKR
I put all my meals in a ziplock vacuum seal bag they sell at Cabelas. It's nice because you can zip it back up when your done and not worry about anything leaking out. Also get yourself a meal cozy I think mines from primus? That really helps with keeping the meal hot all the way until I'm done eating it

Jmock97

Lil-Rokslider
I use the cook in bags from packitgourmet they have worked great. Zip lock freezer bags work also just bring some extras incase of a leak

DWinVA

WKR
I use Ziploc freezer bags, the ones that are pleated on the bottom so they stand up. I also made a cozy to put them in during rehydration that doubles as a bag holder bowel by folding the top of the bag over the top of the cozy.

God Bless.

dham088

FNG
I use vacuum bags and I bought a cheap windshield sun shade to cut up for a meal cozy.

I put all my meals in a ziplock vacuum seal bag they sell at Cabelas. It's nice because you can zip it back up when your done and not worry about anything leaking out. Also get yourself a meal cozy I think mines from primus? That really helps with keeping the meal hot all the way until I'm done eating it

I second this. The Cabela’s vacuum seal bags are pretty durable. Very rarely do I get a puncture as mentioned above and the seal is great to keep the water in the pouch while dehydrating!

kennyt

FNG
I’ve been buying the mountain house meals in the can and using regular vacuum seal bags. I have not had any problems. And the pack better.