REI Groundbreaker Insulated Jacket $23.83

_Scooter_

Lil-Rokslider
Ordered one of these the other day and it arrived today. For $24 it's pretty much a no brainer. Not many sizes left today when I checked. I ordered the Army Cot Green color.

If you're on a budget and looking for a no frills, decently warm and packable jacket and haven't drank the Kool-Aid thinking you have to have the latest, greatest from whatever company all the bros are hyping, you'll like this jacket.

I'm 6'2 and weigh around 190lbs-195lbs with broad shoulders and this jacket fits great in the shoulders, but because it's a boxy cut it's pretty roomy in the body. Thats fine for me since it will be a nice jacket to throw on over some lighter layers without restricting movement.

DUlxOeQ.jpg

Last edited:

kda082

WKR
Absolutely. Bought the blue in New Mexico last year for $28. No frills but comfortable and warm.

OP
S

_Scooter_

Lil-Rokslider
Just got back from a 4-day defensive handgun class out at Front Sight. Used this jacket on the last day when the temps were in the mid 30's in the morning along with a Patagonia expedition weight fleece shirt. Jacket was a game changer. was super warm and the cut while not super baggy, made drawing from concealment very easy. Really happy I bought this jacket.

Zak89

FNG
Just got back from a 4-day defensive handgun class out at Front Sight. Used this jacket on the last day when the temps were in the mid 30's in the morning along with a Patagonia expedition weight fleece shirt. Jacket was a game changer. was super warm and the cut while not super baggy, made drawing from concealment very easy. Really happy I bought this jacket.
I guess the weather out there really fluctuates, it was 90F when I was out there a few weeks ago and heard it was 120 last month!

Kind of regret not jumping on the jacket, guess I was looking for that super lightweight+packable jacket, but you can't beat this price