Rei magma down hooded puffy

dryfly101

Lil-Rokslider
For those on another thread looking for a hooded puffy, rei has these jackets for 40 percent off. That makes it about $132. I just got mine in army cot green and am really impressed. This is a really nice jacket. Hood fits well. Seems very warm for the weight.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

4.2 oz of 850 fill down with pertex shell ain't bad at that price. Plus the great return policy makes it easy to pull the trigger.

Compared to the SG Grumman -- 5.3 oz of 850 fill, has more fill and less overall weight by a couple oz, but 2.5x the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dobermann

WKR
Anyone have any reflections on this one?

Personally, I'm glad I bought it for the price.

It's fairly lightweight, and packs down small.

However, subjectively, it was about as warm as some other jackets I have that are only 600 fill.

While I don't have the SG Grumman, from some of the reviews of that jacket that I've read here, I doubt the REI comes close.

I'm mostly using it for mild conditions; still seeking a better jacket for colder temps.

Anyone have any reflections on this one?

Personally, I'm glad I bought it for the price.

It's fairly lightweight, and packs down small.

However, subjectively, it was about as warm as some other jackets I have that are only 600 fill.

While I don't have the SG Grumman, from some of the reviews of that jacket that I've read here, I doubt the REI comes close.

I'm mostly using it for mild conditions; still seeking a better jacket for colder temps.
If you want a great cold weather puffy, see if you can still find a sitka kelvin ws hoody on clearance in your size.

Dobermann

WKR
Affirmative.
It has like 3" baffles and wind stopper.

I got mine from sportsman's warehouse for $189 tho.
Camofire and or black ovis had them for similar price.
But they are running low on stock
Thanks!

Black Ovis are showing as out of stock ... Sportsman's is not allowing access to their site ... will keep trying!