Reintroduce Grizzlies into CA

Do you support the reintroduction of grizzly bears to CA?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

amassi

WKR
I think for a while the deer would be ok and they would probably kill black bears too. My problem is in 10- 20 years down the road when the grizzlies population is to big and they won't let us hunt them and their numbers aren't controlled what happens?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
We will all be living in Idaho by then anyway and the circle will complete itself

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Hoghead

WKR
Well like everything the government controls, its chaos and an unplanned experiment. We know what we would do. Maybe it takes a catastrophe to make people see the truth? I dont think we give deer enough credit for how well they can survive. Blacktails will be fine. The mule deer and bench legs wont have near the griz population to deal with that the coast could. It would be interesting to watch it develop. Big griz would alter the habitat quite a bit. Who knows what impact it would have, but they coexisted before, and thats what Cali is all about lol.
Before there were so many people in there aera and before they banned hunting cats.
Could be that they would be fine. But I think it's like you said anything the government controls especially in this state is not going to end well. If it happens I hope I'm wrong. But I don't want to find out the hard way.

OP
Moserkr

Moserkr

WKR
Honestly @Hoghead I dont think there will be any hunting in CA in 10 years the way things are going. If its put on the ballot, it will be gone. Thats the reality. Least we can do is reintroduce a species that was here first, will ultimately restore its place in the world, and hopefully bring balance back to the state’s ecosystem in ways we cannot imagine.

@amassi Big city money from out of state forced the ballot initiative in CO for wolves. Then they use more money through social media and influencers to sway the vote. Its not rocket science.

Hoghead

WKR
Hope your wrong but I have the same feeling about the hunting. I would definitely have to move I hunt weekly. Right now 3 times a week I think I would go crazy without that outlet.

amassi

WKR
Honestly @Hoghead I dont think there will be any hunting in CA in 10 years the way things are going. If its put on the ballot, it will be gone. Thats the reality. Least we can do is reintroduce a species that was here first, will ultimately restore its place in the world, and hopefully bring balance back to the state’s ecosystem in ways we cannot imagine.

@amassi Big city money from out of state forced the ballot initiative in CO for wolves. Then they use more money through social media and influencers to sway the vote. Its not rocket science.
And colorado residents voted for it.

Azone

WKR
Put them in Yosemite, the coast has enough cats and poaching as it is. But I’d have to think they would do extremely well if they moved further in land from the cost and started feeding on hogs as well as the deer.
I’m surprised it hasn’t been done yet so the state can start shutting down large tracts of public ground with bear safety being the concern. But the ranchers would probably just light them up as soon as they started harassing cattle.

amassi

WKR
Put them in Yosemite, the coast has enough cats and poaching as it is. But I’d have to think they would do extremely well if they moved further in land from the cost and started feeding on hogs as well as the deer.
I’m surprised it hasn’t been done yet so the state can start shutting down large tracts of public ground with bear safety being the concern. But the ranchers would probably just light them up as soon as they started harassing cattle.
Would be fun to see some of those big herds of hunters, you know the guys with all the kids shooting 22s at "squirrels," change tactics with g bears roaming the coast range.

Azone

WKR
Would be fun to see some of those big herds of hunters, you know the guys with all the kids shooting 22s at "squirrels," change tactics with g bears roaming the coast range.

It would definitely get interesting.

We already have a poorly managed state overrun with mountain lions and bears that are greatly protected...sure, why not add another. Gimme a break. This stupid state of confusion cannot managed shit. Try to hunt bucks in the lower half of the state and see what you find. Elk? Sure...right there in the same success category as unicorns. There is not sufficient game for a Grizz population and most of those voting YES just want to see arseholes from places like San Francisco get run down by a hungry bruin. Common sense says no. You wouldn't be allowed to hunt them so why encourage this? Wolves are also on the anti-hunting agenda and the unique protections given to predators in CA is not an accident...it is part of an anti-hunting agenda. Oh and it's working...there has never been fewer hunters in this state. I won't even hunt mismanaged CA and I live here!

“You wouldn't be allowed to hunt them so why encourage this?”

It’s what California deserves. LOL
Anyway bears only eat the sick and very old. It’ll probably actually make your deer and elk herd much better because you won’t have those sick and old ungulates running around, and historic range.

OP
Moserkr

Moserkr

WKR
Id agree with @Glockster26 on the sick and old, but also add fawns as well. But black bears already eat a vast amount of them, and griz will thin out black bears imo. I dont see them actually having a bad impact if they thin the over populated black bears and replace them with a smaller amount of griz. Plus there is so much greenery on the coast, a bear could be largely herbivorous. Yes @Where's Bruce? Id love to have protected griz ravage downtown san fran but thats fantasy, not reality. Yes we have horrible mismanagement of pretty much everything. Release the griz and they will take care of their own. They were here for a reason before us, and so were wolves. Its a balance of nature and Im sure they have a place. We disrupt it far worse than griz ever can. But i can guarantee you that more left leaning folks frolicking in the woods would wake up, consider proper management, and want firearms when they experience a raw, wild, natural beast with no fear of man.

We cant stop the anti-hunting agenda in CA. Wish I could say otherwise but its not protected constitutionally, and we are horribly outnumbered, outmanned, and out-funded. We could siphon some of those anti dollars towards something else though, something real, helpful or not to our agenda. Ive given it a lot of thought and came down to supporting it. Thats why I made the post.

idk, I don't think California does that to people. I just think the people who want to do that move here.
Truth.

I work for a large company with offices all over the better part of the state. The vast majority of my, as described above, pierced and blue haired coworkers are not CA natives.

amassi

WKR
“You wouldn't be allowed to hunt them so why encourage this?”

It’s what California deserves. LOL
Anyway bears only eat the sick and very old. It’ll probably actually make your deer and elk herd much better because you won’t have those sick and old ungulates running around, and historic range.
There's no sick or old deer in CA that isn't already someone's lunch
Historic range of an extinct species of ca brown bear, so unless jurassic Park is real they ain't coming back anytime soon.
When the center for biological diversity proposed this 7 years ago they asked for 500 grizz for the sierras. No intention of releasing them in the areas that were once native range for extinct brown bears along the coast or foothills

amassi

WKR
Id agree with @Glockster26 on the sick and old, but also add fawns as well. But black bears already eat a vast amount of them, and griz will thin out black bears imo. I dont see them actually having a bad impact if they thin the over populated black bears and replace them with a smaller amount of griz. Plus there is so much greenery on the coast, a bear could be largely herbivorous. Yes @Where's Bruce? Id love to have protected griz ravage downtown san fran but thats fantasy, not reality. Yes we have horrible mismanagement of pretty much everything. Release the griz and they will take care of their own. They were here for a reason before us, and so were wolves. Its a balance of nature and Im sure they have a place. We disrupt it far worse than griz ever can. But i can guarantee you that more left leaning folks frolicking in the woods would wake up, consider proper management, and want firearms when they experience a raw, wild, natural beast with no fear of man.

We cant stop the anti-hunting agenda in CA. Wish I could say otherwise but its not protected constitutionally, and we are horribly outnumbered, outmanned, and out-funded. We could siphon some of those anti dollars towards something else though, something real, helpful or not to our agenda. Ive given it a lot of thought and came down to supporting it. Thats why I made the post.
Just like the liberals in Wyoming, Idaho and Montana got involved bought guns and became really intent on stopping any management of g bears?

Status
Not open for further replies.