Release Recommendation

I'm using a wrist release which I like for hunting.
I have to really shorten the release to get the trigger further back so that I can hook the trigger between my 1st-2nd knuckle.
I like to use back tension for the release vs. punching the shot (what I used to do).

My question: which release will have trigger further back so I don't have to shorten it so much?

Thanks

Bru2

FNG
Nock on just came out with a back tension release that is a wrist release. It’s called the backstrap. You can adjust the length fairly easy with an Allen wrench and you can adjust the release to be a normal index release for hunting or have it be a back tension release for practice.

I have the Nock 2 It , which is a Carter release.

I like that it’s two fingers and clips to sting and like that it is very adjustable as far as trigger and tension etc. It’s extremely comfortable. but it is not a forgiving release and John Dudley didn’t provide a great one-stop video on how to use it correctly. I learned through stumbling upon other of his videos how to really use it properly and it did help but took over a year before I really felt like I was doing it right and liked the consistent results.

OP
Mule3006Elk
Like Mike arrived today. Only took a few attempts to get it adjusted and I switched it to a BOA wrist strap. My finger correctly hooks around the trigger. With the trigger being further back I'm not squeezing the trigger I'm pulling back/through with my back. Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks all!!

The new back strap from nock on archery seems like it will be amazing for anyone that prefers using a wrist strap release. I really like the idea of how it operates and wish my handheld releases fired the same way.

OP
Mule3006Elk
The new back strap from nock on archery seems like it will be amazing for anyone that prefers using a wrist strap release. I really like the idea of how it operates and wish my handheld releases fired the same way.
Looks very similar to the Like Mike IMO. I like how the trigger is further back & I found this invaluable for back tension release. With the Like Mike I can touch the tip of my thumb and index finger while my index finger is hooking the trigger at the PIP joint. When I pull through and release the shot, my thumb and index finger, are in the exact same position (not squeezing the trigger). As others have noted with a surprise release accuracy seems to increase. So far I can tell a definite difference. I wasn't suffering from target panic but I knew I was reaching for the trigger and punching the trigger which never felt correct (even after adjustments). My setup felt forced if that makes sense.

I started shooting end of May 2020 and have released ~2100 shots. I can honestly say, with my new release, this is the first time my setup just feels easy & natural (not forced). Very excited!

Last edited:
OP
Mule3006Elk
Went to website. This release was designed in collaboration with Carter. I guess that's why it reminds me of the Like Mike.

Interesting that you squeeze the trigger to release the safety then pull through with your back tension. I like the idea.

I watched the video. Is there a click or a felt 'give' letting you know the safety is released prior to pulling with back tension? I might reach out to them out of curiosity.

Went to website. This release was designed in collaboration with Carter. I guess that's why it reminds me of the Like Mike.

Interesting that you squeeze the trigger to release the safety then pull through with your back tension. I like the idea.

I watched the video. Is there a click or a felt 'give' letting you know the safety is released prior to pulling with back tension? I might reach out to them out of curiosity.
I’m not sure if there is any indication once you pull the safety trigger. I am just starting to use the silverback tension release from nock on/Carter and the way the back strap works makes more sense to me.