Release style

Yukondog

WKR
Buying a new release soon. Looking at Carter or Scott.

I've only used the double caliper style releases in the past and I'm looking at the string hook style now. What are the advantages, if any, to the string hook type release? Only thing I would like to keep constant is the nylon strap type release.

What is everyone shooting now?

Thanks,

Matt

OR Archer

WKR
Spot Hogg Wiseguy. I prefer a hook style release with a buckle strap. Just a lot easier to hook up to the loop without looking with this style of release.

I used to only shoot Scott calipers. Then I tried a hook style and never looked back. I have tried Hardcores, Hardcore Max, Carter Quickie and Spot Hogg Wiseguy. By far, my favorite design, feel and trigger is the Wiseguy (post style, not NCS). The fold back feature is really nice and the trigger is second to none.

ontarget7

WKR
Personally don't like the hook style of releases myself. I really like the Scott releases, single or double caliper. I was shooting the Sabertooth often and on the last couple years among others. Now i am back to the Fuse release made by Scott which is a single caliper. Had some extra time punching paper at 20 yards and was the most consistent with it compared to others. Can't go wrong with a Scott release IMO

Slim Jim

WKR
I used to use Scott shark and liked it but recently switched to Stan shootoff 4 finger. I really like the feel of it in my hand, draw and release. It's also nice and easy to adjust the sensitivity and location of the thumb barrel

jmez

WKR
I shoot a Scott Rhino XT. Nice release, great trigger with no creep. Much easier to get it on the loop.

dryflyguy

Lil-Rokslider
Shot the Scott Rhino XT for the last 2 or 3 years, but I lost it on an elk hunt last year. I am trying the Tru Ball Max 4 Pro this year. The wrist strap always made my wrist pop. I have broken and sprained my wrists too many times as a result of bmx, motorcycles, snow boarding, and wake boarding in my younger days.

TEmbry

WKR
I too shoot the Scott Silverhorn for a release. Love the open hook design, and Scott quality all for a reasonable price. Have two and always keep the new spare in the pack just in case.

OP
Y

Yukondog

WKR
Thanks for all the replies.

For those shooting the hook style release to you find it eazy for the release to fall off the loop unless constant pressure is on the loop?

I have also heard that the Carter wrist strap is not as good as the Scott wrist strap. What do you guys find to be the case?

Matt

I use a tru-ball short and sweet and also have a spot hogg wiseguy. Love the hook style, I we leary of it at first, but have never had an issue.

Thanks for all the replies.

For those shooting the hook style release to you find it eazy for the release to fall off the loop unless constant pressure is on the loop?

I have also heard that the Carter wrist strap is not as good as the Scott wrist strap. What do you guys find to be the case?

Matt

No never had any issues with the hook. I actually find it works better than other kinds. Easier to hook up. You can hook pretty much without looking. The loop doesn't come off either with a touch of pressure applied.

I have owned both and find Carter to make the better product. Have had no issues with the leather straps that carter uses.

Craig4791

WKR
I prefer the hook style. I shot the Spot Hogg Wiseguy last year it's a great release.

I'm now shooting the Hamskea Drop Tine. Really nice release the spot Hogg is now my backup.

I like the hook style cause its easier to get it on the string.