releases

DanZ

FNG
Big fan of the TRU ball fang wrist strap releases and the Spot hog wise guy.

JaWally91

FNG
spot hogg keeton, takes a little time to get use to, but shooting with the middle finger is awesome

Zac

WKR
I have a Truball HT, Carter Evolution, Trufire Sear, and 2Smooth, I've killed animals with the 2Smooth and the Sear, however I am really thinking about getting a Like Mike for hunting. I've had a hard time getting to my click when drawing on animals due to gripping the hinge so hard. I was also looking at the Trufire Hardcore.

I use the Carter Wise Choice when hunting and for target I have been using the Scott Ascent. Really like both of them, but if I keep shooting like I am with the Scott I may hunt with it on a few trips.

EDW

FNG
You have not received as many responses as I thought you would get. The best advise is to borrow as many as you can from your friend until you have narrowed down the pile. This should give you an idea of the type you like the best, wrist strap, four finger, or less, hinge etc. you will likely find something you that suits you. You will find that most of us who have been shooting a while will have several releases for you to try.

+1 on the Nock2It and Silverback combo. The silverback has really helped me with target panic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elkguide

WKR
Carter Quickie here.

Hate to even think of all of the $$$$ that I've spent on new releases but somehow always end up hunting with a Carter Quickie.

Redarrow

FNG
Scott backspin 3 finger for me. As others have said going to a hand held release is a smart choice