Reliable Riflescopes

Plumb Bob

FNG
I have both the Nightforce SHV 3-10 and the Swaro Z3 for lightweight scopes to use in sub 500 yd situations strictly for holding over. Both are extremely light and packable, but I prefer the Z3's BRX heavy reticle vs the Nightforce one. One a side note, I originally ordered the standard BRX reticle but swapped it out for the heavy version as I was more comfortable picking up the heavier reticle on anything other than a light colored backdrop.

OXN939

WKR
Good stuff gents, but again I'm hoping for the most reliable option, non-turret category.

Just picked up a Zeiss V4. Haven't beaten the hell out of it in the field yet, but it passed a tall turret test with flying colors. Not the most svelte for a "set and forget" option, but slightly lighter and significantly cheaper than Nightforces.

woodson

FNG
I have some high end scopes and the difference seems to be low light clarity near dusk, but honestly, Nikon Monarch and Bushnell Nitro (which is marked down seriously on Bushnell.com right now) on my deer hunting rifles are some of the most reliable/favorite optics. Lower end Vortex are also a great value.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I've got some form of VX3 scopes on all my rifles and have never had any issues with any of them.

Myronman3

Lil-Rokslider
the reason the simmons is so tough is because it is a fixed power with less stuff to go wrong. i have a fixed simmons on a heavy recoiling handgun, and a fixed leupold and a fixed weaver......all of which i am a big fan of. swfa scopes....many of them are fixed power....and you know how tough those are.

I also have variable swarovski and USO scopes. The simmons isnt the best glass, not even close. It works. The weaver and leupy fixed powers have nice glass in them.

wyosam

WKR
I've been very happy with the Maven RS2, but can't really speak to its reliability as I've not had it long enough or beat it around the mountains yet. It is bright, clear, and light.

Wapiti1

WKR
I’ve been considering a Trijicon Accupoint 3-9. Anyone have experience with the ability of these to retain zero?

Good scopes. They buy assemblies from Japan or Czech Republic with final assembly in Michigan and California. I have a 2.5-10X56 and 3-9X40. The 2.5-10 has been across the west and to Africa twice. It's never lost zero in all that travel. They just came out with a whole revamp of the scope lines. There is a 2-10X36 FFP in the lineup that looks promising.

Jeremy

I have only had problems with 3 scopes in 30 years of hunting and shooting. One was a Nikon buckmaster, the next was a Leupold Mark6, and the last was a Bushnell DMR--granted that scope had the crap twisted out of it...

For hunting I have had excellent service out of Maven Optics..their RS1, and RS2...I love the old Bushnell LRHS--for a precision long range rig--had to beat these scopes for the dollar spent. I like Z5 Swarovski for a lightweight option...for a PRS rig the Tanget Theta, Bushnell DMR, and the ol S&B PMII--heavy but worth it...i like the Nightforce...glass quality for dollars spent is poor

Phil j

Lil-Rokslider
I have a trijicon 3x9 accupoint and it is amazing on a 350 rem mag I also have quite a few Swarovski and you can never go wrong with them especially for light weight