Reliable SFP Scope for $700 or Less??

BCD

WKR
Looking for potential options for a reliable SFP MRAD scope with tactical turrets for $700 or less. Maximum magnification of 9-12. Any suggestions?

FYI I did not mean to post this on the long range forum.

Thank You!

Sightron SIII 3.5-10 x 44. I got the Mildot/.1mrad turrets version and I love it. Super clear and I love the reticle. It tracks true (from my testing and everything I've heard) and has tactical turrets. I think it checks all the boxes you're looking for. Plus I got mine on ebay brand new with a damaged box (who cares about a box) for $550! It came with all the accessories too. I think you can find them around $700 brand new. Good luck in the search

Reactions: BCD

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I reached out to my Hawke tech rep and he replied:

"I would have to ask some more qualifying questions to be able to give any specific recommendations. What will this be going on? What type of shooting will you be doing? What is the typical yardage you will be shooting? So without answers to these questions it’s hard to pinpoint which scope I would suggest.
The best all-around scope with Mil Pro (10x) illuminated reticle for a centerfire rifle would be the Hawke Frontier SF 3-15x44 - Mil Pro. This is a 1” tube 3-15x44 with side focus and exposed lockable turrets with zero-stop! This is only $549.99. This would be my recommendation from the information provided."

Schaaf

WKR

"I would have to ask some more qualifying questions to be able to give any specific recommendations. What will this be going on? What type of shooting will you be doing? What is the typical yardage you will be shooting? So without answers to these questions it’s hard to pinpoint which scope I would suggest.
The best all-around scope with Mil Pro (10x) illuminated reticle for a centerfire rifle would be the Hawke Frontier SF 3-15x44 - Mil Pro. This is a 1” tube 3-15x44 with side focus and exposed lockable turrets with zero-stop! This is only $549.99. This would be my recommendation from the information provided."
Doug, I had a Frontier once with locking turrets that were different from that picture. They were pretty mushy. Do you know how that updated turret is?

KNASH

Lil-Rokslider
That scope checks a lot of boxes for that price point. I too am looking for a dialing hunting scope, prefer SFP with illum, and small enough to fit in a scabbard. Anybody got experience with RTZ on the turret?

OP
B

BCD

WKR

I do like the many features of this scope but the magnification is a little high. I'm planning to put this on a Rem 700 30-06 to be my backup rifle both in Wisconsin (shots rarely even 100 Y) and out West to practice up to 600 Y-hence my wanting a SFP. Do they make anything similar with a max magnification around 12? I don't like the thought of only being able to use the reticle for wind holds at 15X.

Thank You!!

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Frontier 30 SF 2.5-15x50 - MilPro

• 21 layer Fully Multi-Coated 6x ratio optical system
  • Side focus control for parallax adjustment
  • 30mm mono-tube chassis for superior strength
  • Long eye relief for high recoil and magnum calibers
  • Glass etched reticle with red illumination
  • 6 levels of brightness with off positions in-between
  • 1⁄10 MRAD exposed Zero Lock 'n' Stop turrets
  • Zoom ring with thumb lever and locking ocular

I do like the many features of this scope but the magnification is a little high. I'm planning to put this on a Rem 700 30-06 to be my backup rifle both in Wisconsin (shots rarely even 100 Y) and out West to practice up to 600 Y-hence my wanting a SFP. Do they make anything similar with a max magnification around 12? I don't like the thought of only being able to use the reticle for wind holds at 15X.

Thank You!!

You may be in luck. That scope is actually mil-accurate at 10x not max magnification.

Not on the 2.5-15x50. I did talk to a guy locally that is shooting a 1" tube 3-15×44. It has the same reticle as the 30mm tube. He likes his and says it tracks well. I looked thru his (bright sunny day) and it was clear and I definitely like the reticle. I am all but certain that Im going to pick up that 3-15×44 since I dont really want a 50mm objective.

Disclaimer!: I have never owned or used top end glass so I have nothing to compare it to. The xbow scopes I have are no less quality than my Vortex stuff (d'back hd binos, strikefire red dot, viper rifle scope) I found the 1" tube Hawke for $550 so I'll probably get it.

Reactions: BCD