Reliable waterproof boot

I live in Michigan and the ground is wet a lot. I want a pair of hiking boots that will last a few years and stay waterproof. I am looking for lightweight but durable. I need recommendations and upkeep tips too. I am looking at the crispi lapponia gtx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking for something similar. Crispi and Scarpa keep coming up. It's hard to tell with the reviews on the Crispi company website nowadays. A bunch of reviews will say a particular boot is the most comfortable and dry boot they've ever tried and a bunch of reviews will say the boot leaks. I was leaning towards the Lapponias because they had great reviews all around, but they are out of stock for now. I will check out Scarpas.

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
I'm looking for the same thing right now. I have the crispi guide and the lowa tibet gtx. I have taken both to alaska and I'm very diligent about keeping them clean and waxed. my experience with both were that they were great for the first 5 or so days but by day 7 or 8 I kept feeling like they were leaking in the boot. I'd even take them off midday and check and they were a little damp inside so it's hard to tell if my foot was sweating or they actually were leaking but my socks would feel dry. after getting home and doing some reading it sounds like the more you walk and crease the gtx material it can start to crack or crease which allows a little water to start to come in. Take it for what it's worth but I think it's just a problem with overuse of gtx. I've never taken a newer pair of boots to alaska but I'm thinking that a new pair would have no problems. My buddy that goes with my brings salmon tundra pro boots which are synthetic and he's never had that issue but when I tried them the seems cracked wide open after a few months of hiking so now I have trust issues with them. once that outer layer is open the boots are worthless. I tried shoe goo and everything else possible to keep them seemed shut but it always opened back up after a mile of hiking. Hope this helps you some how! ha

Brando

FNG
I’m on my third season with a pair of Lapponias and haven’t had any issues with my feet getting wet. Just finished elk season here in the PNW with a week of rain and 12” of snow and my feet stayed dry and warm. I have no experience with Scarpas but wouldn't hesitate purchasing the Lapponias again. Too bad they are out of stock.

TS170

FNG
Crispi boot are well made and durable I had great success with the Nevada’s