Reloading 3d print files and other questions

Tilley

FNG
I am looking into getting a 3d printer for making stuff to organizing my reloading bench primarily. I have found quite a few files of stuff online that looks pretty cool to print. So my question is are the files that you can get online reliable and is it worth getting a 3d printer or is it better t just order stuff online?

3D printing is kinda like reloading. It’s a hobby in itself, and not just about the final product. There’s some tinkering, calibrating, measuring and troubleshooting to be done. I have printed a lot of little doo dads for reloading as well as spare plastic press parts that have worked well and it’s nice to have spares on hand. I would say if you’re interested in 3D printing, pick one up. It’s a cool hobby in general, and you’ll print all kinds of things reloading or otherwise. And yes the files you find online are good to go, download, slice, and print.

OP
Tilley

Tilley

FNG
@fightthenoise thank you for the insight, I have never thought about it as another hobby, only a way to enhance my hobbies (shooting and motorcycles).
Any thoughts on what printer to get?