Reloading Cutting Edge Bullets for 300PRC

Sadler

WKR
I’m looking for some guidance on reloading some of their 200 grain lazer tipped hollow points for my 300 PRC. I called cutting edge and asked them what their recommend charge weight was for powders they use and they didn’t have any info for me. They said they haven’t messed around with a 300 PRC yet so they couldn’t recommend anything for it.

So, being absolutely brand new to reloading, just got my press Friday, I was hoping someone on here has some experience with these bullets. I thought about cross referencing other brands like Hornady/Barnes and using their charge weights for similar bullets, but since I’m new at this, I figured I better talk to someone that knows what they’re doing before I go that route and potentially make a mistake.

I have once fired ADG brass, Federal 215M primers and some N570 powder. Thanks in advance.

nhyrum

Lil-Rokslider
I usually email them and they email me back quickload data it looks like. Which I would be INCREDIBLY surprised if 300 PRC was in the software, so I think the best bet is to either get quickload, or buddy up with someone that has it. I had it, that computer is gone, and the computer I have, I can't get the program on. Not sure why... Then go in and basically make your own cartridge in the software. If you want "close enough" starting numbers you could probably find a case that has a similar capacity, change a few measurements, and get a ballpark

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

According to the internet ADG 300 PRC brass is basically 300 WM case capacity and actually less than some of the highest capacity WM cases. I'd use 300 WM data without a second thought. Keep in mind that published WM data might be based upon 3.34" COAL which will cause pressure sooner than if seated longer unlike the PRC which was designed with a long throat to begin with.

OP
Sadler

Sadler

WKR
According to the internet ADG 300 PRC brass is basically 300 WM case capacity and actually less than some of the highest capacity WM cases. I'd use 300 WM data without a second thought. Keep in mind that published WM data might be based upon 3.34" COAL which will cause pressure sooner than if seated longer unlike the PRC which was designed with a long throat to begin with.
I got a hold of @Unknown Munitions and they squared me away. 80-82 grains of N570 at 3.70” COAL.

Schism

WKR
I'm in the process of gathering parts to build a 300 PRC on a Defiance anTi action. Cutting Edge bullets are on the short list for projectiles for this build. I'll second Ryan's ask for posting results when you get them.

TauPhi111

WKR
I reload a few of the CEB bullets. DEFINITELY READ THE "HOW TO" PORTION OF THEIR WEBSITE ON HOW TO SEAT THE BULLETS. Can not stress that enough. Also, the mechanism of how these bullets engrave is much different than Barnes. The Lazers will be similar to other 200 grain match bullets. I'd just compare lots of data on that round and bullet weight, start with a conservatively safe load, and work up looking for pressure signs until you hit the velocity you should be at for that bullet weight.

OP
Sadler

Sadler

WKR
Just an update on this. I just recieved my N570, when I bought it early last month, it said it was ready to ship but I guess there was a mix up. Anyways, I don’t have enough time to get this load worked up before I hit the woods so it’ll have to wait until November.

300PRCfan

FNG
Just an update on this. I just recieved my N570, when I bought it early last month, it said it was ready to ship but I guess there was a mix up. Anyways, I don’t have enough time to get this load worked up before I hit the woods so it’ll have to wait until November.
Hi guys I’m new here but I want to share some information. My 300PRC load to date is Hornady brass federal 215 190gr cutting edge MTH with IMR 8133 Enduron. I’m getting 3100fps with a .621 G1 BC. COL 3.707 out of a 26” barrel in a Fierce CT. I’m considering the 220gr lasers but I’m so pleased with what I have already I can’t see putting money and time into another trial. It works for me so why fix it?