Reloading Equipment Suggestions

Savage99

WKR
N2TRKYS, thx. I have an acquaintance locally that I planned to get with this next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the rock chucker kit. I have reloaded all my life, but would always wait till we visited my parents and would use Dad's press. I got it on sale and used points so it was pretty cheap. Still trying to get my stuff together, but definitely want an electronic scale. I still need a trickler. Make sure you have a decent set of calipers. I prefer digital as I have used them for work for years. I feel like a bit of a beginner again as all the equipment is kind of new to me.

Good luck with your setup.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I use a small measuring spoon that was included in a ring of kitchen measuring spoons. Lol. On the rare occasion that I have to, I can take or add a kernel with it.

Jardo

WKR
Be careful with those hornady digital scales. I had one drift over 1.5 grain on 50 rounds of 280 AI. Had to pull them all. Good thing I wasn’t already at max. I had 2 stuck cases though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rayporter

WKR
all but the really high dollar digitals are subject to drift and you should check them frequently. if nothing else with a single bullet designated for the job. my hornady it totally useless.

my chargemaster does not drift after warm up [ which I don't pay close attention to] but it will stop prematurely by wind shaking my loading trailer or someone walking by. you just have to pay attention.

we get 30 minutes to reload what we shot in the last relay and you learn to not waste movement or you will be late to the next relay. I will prime [ sometimes- and sometimes you get in a real hurry and forget] then get a load from the pan and drop it in a case and set the pan on the chargemaster. while it is running the next charge I try to seat the bullet before it is near the finish point. if I am not fast enough I will have to dump the pan and start over because I caused the unit to mess up by moving the handle on the press.

a friend had trouble with his unit and had sent it back to rcbs but still had erratic charges. he wanted a battery to run it at a match, thinking it was the a/c or lights or something.
when I watched him load he was resting his hand on his loading table as he waited for the load to fill the pan. that was enough to occasionally cause enough shake to stop the unit. when he quit touching the table the problem went away.. this will apply to all digital scales. again just pay close attention.

I just use my fingers to drop kernels in if I need a few extra in the pan.