Reloading for Long Range Hunting: Part 1

Craig4791

WKR
This is great Sam! Thanks. I'm just getting into reloading so I'll be staying tuned.

bhylton

WKR
Good stuff. Any concern about getting the case lube down into the case? I have never used a spray lube before. But i know what the standard RCBS case lube does when it comes in contact with powder

OP
Sam Millard
Good stuff. Any concern about getting the case lube down into the case? I have never used a spray lube before. But i know what the standard RCBS case lube does when it comes in contact with powder

No. I've been using it since 2003. I don't know exactly how many cases I've sized in that time span, but 15,000 wouldn't be far off:)

Never had any problem.

WestDan

Lil-Rokslider
great stuff. certainly didn't think about running cases back through the tumbler after some of those steps but im going to try it out for sure.

AZ Vince

WKR
Great video.
I've not cleaned the carbon out of the case neck but I'm going to give it a go and see how I fare.

Retterath

WKR
Great info. That was going to be my next question I was going to post was step by step how u guys reload. Thanks again

Shrek

WKR
Sam , have you tried SS wet tumbling ? I have spotless necks and primer pockets without bushing , reaming , or steel wool buffing. If you like clean brass I highly recommend SS tumbling.

OP
Sam Millard
Sam , have you tried SS wet tumbling ? I have spotless necks and primer pockets without bushing , reaming , or steel wool buffing. If you like clean brass I highly recommend SS tumbling.

While I don't doubt they work well, I'm going to stick with what I have. I don't care what the inside of the case looks like, I just want the outside clean.

Sam did you swap out the cutter on the Sinclair trimmer for the carbide one, or is it the stock one? Was wondering if the cost is worth the up grade.