Reloading guys I need some input.

OP
grfox92

grfox92

WKR
Sounds like a good plan. I would make an adjustment to your scope today before firing any more rounds as it’s clear the CL are hitting much lower. I’d go at least 8” but probably 10” according to your shots from yesterday.
Okay so I just went out. I went 12 clicks up. And I was pretty dead on 2 in high at 100 yards. I took three shots at small rocks 200 yards away and was dead on. 200 yards is my absolute limit to shoot an animal this year. I'm sure I could shoot further on a bigger animal like an elk but just haven't shot the gun that far and feel like it's better off keeping it close.

Thank you to all the guys who chimed in here it was a lot of responses in the short amount of time. And shout out to my boss for letting me take a long lunch break to go get this rifle dialed.

I shot 10 rounds. It only took about four but I wanted to make sure that the gun was hitting consistently and it is. I've got 10 rounds left for my hunt. Wish me luck and thank you to everybody again.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

That's what I'm thinking. My mistake. I dug though my stuff and found some more cor Lokts. I have 21 I should have plenty to get dialed back in and hunt this weekend.

I did find some $60 a box No Nosler premium .308, but I'm putting the .308 away after this hunt and switching to my .270 as my go to rifle for next year.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Buy that Nosler stuff check all your screws and zero the scope to that ammo. $60 is nothing compared to a ruined elk hunt.

davsco

WKR
good luck! 10 should get you by, but maybe call ahead to some local (there) shops and see if they have any of your ammo.

Vern400

WKR
Be careful with 150 core LOKT on elk in 308. It's a very soft bullet and I quit using them 20 years ago because they can blow off the opposite shoulder. I took a running shot at 25 yards and when I got to the deer, it was a smallish doe and the off leg (on the bottom) was sticking straight up above the deers back. Just saying they are NOT bone crushing elk bullets by far. I moved to Sierra SBT and they still hit hard but generally stay together below 2500 fps. On 60 deer 2 have come apart but those deer nearly got powder burns too. Too fast at impact. Don't center a shoulder and be ready to follow up.